Chapter 7: What Else?

Mirabel, Bruno, and Emilia were currently hiding behind plants upstairs while across from Isabela's room. Mirabel asked how hugging her sister was supposed to save the miracle. Emilia and Bruno were also not sure how this would help, but they just shrugged it off. Sometimes these things could not be questioned. From their hiding spot, the group of three could hear Camilo calling out for Mirabel and Emilia. Suddenly, all of them watched from upstairs as Camilo's head turned into that of an infant.

At seeing that, Bruno remarked that they were probably running out of time. Mirabel then began to rant about Isabela. Throughout Mirabel's complaining, both Bruno and Emilia tried to get her attention, becoming increasingly louder as they did so. With a final shout of her name, Mirabel finally payed attention to her aunt and uncle.

They both apologized for yelling before Emilia then said Mirabel was missing the point. Bruno then spoke and proceeded to tell his niece that the fate of the family was not up to Isabela, but up to Mirabel herself. Emilia agreed with Bruno and then added that Mirabel was exactly what this family needed; she just needed to see it. After exchanging a few more words, both women then watched as Bruno grabbed a large plant and used it to conceal himself as he moved back towards the hole in the wall. Confused, Mirabel asked Bruno if he wasn't coming along with her and Emilia. Standing up, Emilia walked towards Bruno.

Looking her husband in the eyes, Emilia confidently guessed that he was afraid of being seen by Alma. Bruno agreed, saying that this was true. As he then opened up the space behind the painting, he asked Emilia and Mirabel to visit him once the miracle was saved. Emilia assured him that once the miracle was saved, she and Mirabel were going to bring him home instead.

Somehow forgetting that Mirabel was there, Bruno then pulled Emilia into a passionate kiss. This display of affection caused the teen to immediately look away in embarassment. Then, with a couple of knocks on the wood portion of the painting, Bruno was gone once more for the time being. With a light shake of her head, and a silly grin on her face, Emilia told Mirabel that they should probably get going.

Before entering Isabela's room, Emilia tried to clear her mind; she truly hoped she could help Mirabel fix things with Isabela. Mirabel opened the door at that moment, and she and Emilia walked in. Both women called out to Isabela, trying to locate her. Shouting, Mirabel unconvincingly claimed to a (still unseen) Isabela that she was ready to be a better sister. Emilia cringed a bit; this was not off to a good start.

Mirabel then continued on, suggesting that she and Isabela should "hug things out". At those words, Isabela finally made herself known. Her bed, supported by vines, slowly made its way towards the ground from above. Isabela angrily pointed out that things were now ruined and then proceeded to ask Mirabel if she was out of her mind. Emilia tried to lower the tension by claiming she could tell that Isabela was upset and that.....

Before Emilia could say anything else, Mirabel interrupted; claiming that a warm embrace was a good cure for being upset. Isabela, annoyed by her sister in this moment, proceeded to ramble on about how everything was perfect and the family was happy until Mirabel messed everything up. After Isabela finished speaking her thoughts, she demanded that Mirabel apologise. Emilia, thinking this would create the best outcome, gave her youngest niece a look that suggested it was probably best to just go along with it.

Taking her time, Mirabel did eventually manage to say she was sorry- only to immediately add on the words "that your life is so great!". At this, Emilia threw her hands up in a "really?" gesture and Isabela used her powers to grow vines and drag Mirabel out of the room. As Mirabel was being pulled, she tried to grab onto things in an attempt to stay while Emilia tried to convice Isabela to stop.

Still apparently not done, Mirabel shouted that she never meant to ruin Isabela's life and claimed that some people had bigger problems; all before eventually calling her older sister a selfish, entitled, princess. Emilia had to fight the urge to facepalm; what a disaster this was! Next, Emilia tried and failed to get both her nieces to stop fighting, but it was evident that they were too far into their argument. Things became quiet though, when Isabela unintentionaly revealed that she never wanted to marry Mariano; she was only doing it for the family.

Emilia and Mirabel had completly diferent reactions to this news. Emilia felt awful; how could she have never realized? She had thought her oldest niece was thrilled to be engaged to Mariano. Mirabel on the other hand, perhaps not fully processing the weight of her sister's words, used the opportunity to try once more to force a hug out of Isabela. However, Emilia and Mirabel quickly noticed that Isabela was not responding; she seemed frozen in place. Following her niece's gaze, Emilia then saw the small cactus that sat in front of them. Did.... did Isabela create that?