Chapters 7 and 8 Revisited: What Else?/ The Candle

Bruno, Emilia, and Mirabel were currently hiding behind some plants, looking over at Isabela's door.

Mirabel scoffed at the pure ridiculousness of this whole situation.

"Why would embracing Isabela do anything?" she asked her aunt and uncle.

"I don't know. Our family got a miracle. How do you help a family miracle? You hug a sister" Bruno said with a shrug.

"There are some things you just don't question" Emilia added, peering down into the courtyard below.

Camilo then appeared downstairs, in search of both Mirabel and Emilia.

"Tía Emilia? Mirabel?" He called for them.

"Bruno, Mirabel, and Emilia ducked behind the plants, watching Camilo pass by.

"Mirabel?" Camilo called out once more.

Right then, Camilo's gift started to act up, his head turning into a baby's head just like it did at dinner.

Camilo did not look impressed.

"Mirabel?" Camilo called again, in a more high-pitched voice.

"Well, I think we're running out of time here" Bruno guessed, having seen what just happened.

"It's not gonna work. She won't hug me ever, okay? She hates me! Also, I don't know if you heard, I ruined her proposal! Plus, P.S.-" Mirabel ranted, pent-up frustration beginning to show.

"Mirabel?" Bruno whispered, trying to get her to stop talking.

"-she is just annoying"

Mirabel took some flower petals from nearby and crushed them in her hands.

"Of course it's Isabela!" she rambled on.

"Mirabel?" Emilia tried this time, only to also not be heard.

"What's her problem with me anyway? She's the one with roses coming out of her..."

"Mirabel!" Bruno and Emilia yelled at the same time, causing Mirabel to flinch at the noise.

They both immediately apologized to their niece.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry." Bruno said.

"Sorry, Mira." Emilia told Mirabel.

"You see, you're missing the point" Bruno explained, "The fate of the family, it's not up to her. It's up to you."

"It's like i've always tried to say; you are much more special than you realize" Emilia told her niece.

Emilia wraped an arm around Mirabel and hugged her tightly.

"You're exactly what this family needs" Bruno said. "You just have to see it. By yourself. After I leave."

Bruno once again ducked behind a plant and dragged it along with him as he moved, in order to conceal himself.

"What, you're not coming?" Mirabel asked, surprised at her uncle's decision.

He waved a hand, which could be seen from behind the plant.

"It was your vision, Mirabel. Not mine" he said with a deep voice.