Preview#1

A/N:

Hi:D

I decided to release a preview for the first chapter of the sequel!

This will take place about 5 years after the main story.

This is not at all the full chapter; these are just small snippets taken from here and there.

A preview for the prequel will also be coming soon.

Anyways, have a great day!

...

People ran in and out of Casita all day, everyone putting in their best effort to make this occasion a memorable one for Rosa; this time only comes once in a young woman's life.

...

"What do you think?-" Isabela asked Bruno and Mirabel.

A rose grew in Isabela's left hand.

"Roses are a popular choice, but-"

Isabela then grew a pointy, very colorful plant in her other hand; it almost looked like a bird.

"-I know that Rosa loves these."

Mirabel pointed to the one in Isabela's right hand.

"Definitely that one! Right, tío??" Mirabel asked her uncle.

Bruno nodded in agreement.

"She'll be happier with that one" he said.

...

"I think Rosa is nervous; I heard her pacing a while ago. *Squeak*" Dolores whispered before running off to do goodness knows what.

...

"Let me help!" Mirabel offered, practically pushing her aunt up the stairs.

"Okay, alright!" Emilia chuckled.

...

Emilia opened the door, Mirabel following behind her. The first thing they noticed was Rosa now hanging upside down off the side of her bed. Seeing her mother and cousin, Rosa tried to get up, only to fall onto the floor.

"Ouch!" Rosa said, rubbing her head.

Mirabel laughed as she held out a hand for her younger cousin to take.

"A little birdie tells me you're nervous" sang Mirabel as she dusted off Rosa's outfit.

"A Dolores, actually" clarified Emilia, fixing her daughter's hair.

...

With that, the birthday girl finally made her appearance, giving the crowd a practiced smile.

Yeah, she could do this.

...

Bruno stopped midsentence. He released his grip on the glass, sending it falling to the floor with a "clank". Emilia looked towards her husband, freezing in place when she noticed his eyes glowing that distinctive, vibrant green. She carefully eased Bruno back into his seat as he worked through the premonition. When was the last time he had a forced vision? Emilia looked behind her at where the rest of the family was sitting, eyes begging for help. The guests started whispering amongst themselves, wondering what was happening.

"Is he okay?"

"I knew he was odd!"

"I thought he didn't have visions anymore?"

...

Bruno's eyes returned to their normal color and he then looked around, trying to make sense of his surroundings. Remembering where he was, Bruno became deeply embarrassed to see the massive group of people looking his way.

...

"Camilo! Stop pretending to be Rosa so you can have more cake!" Félix scolded Camilo, shooing him away from the table.

...

"Do you mind if I borrow my wife for a moment?" Bruno urgently asked. Without waiting for an answer, he took a confused Emilia's hand and led her away from Julieta and Pepa. Emilia didn't like the frown on his face, the silence, or way way she could feel his hand lightly trembling. The quietness did however, provide her the chance to put two and two together. The vision, added with the way he was acting right now... it must have meant that what he had seen wasn't just "nothing important" like he had originally claimed. What was the vision about?

...

Emilia had been so occupied with her thoughts, that she had not noticed they'd stopped walking.

...

Bruno played with his hands, having trouble looking in Emilia's direction. She placed a hand on his shoulder in a comforting gesture. Bruno took a deep breath, then gave Emilia a nod that told her he was ready to speak.

"What did you see?" Emilia asked Bruno.

"I saw people coming through the mountains" he said.

"What?!" Emilia shouted, eyes wide.

If the intruders were people who wanted to hurt this community, they were in for a rude awakening; the Madrigals would be ready for them.

Bruno seemed to guess what Emilia was thinking.

"I don't think these strangers are dangerous-" Bruno told her.

The stress caused him to loudy gulp, interrupting the sentence.

"-But...I think they were looking for you."