Chapter 2 Revisited: La Noche De Fiesta (Part 2)

The entire town was filled with life and light that night, everyone on their way to hopefully witness the miracle bless yet another Madrigal with a gift.

Things were busy at La Casa Madrigal; everyone had something to do.

Luisa was in charge of collecting and moving any donkeys that people brought with them.

Rosa was running around, making sure that everyone was enjoying themselves; in addition to bringing food or drinks if needed.

Matheo was greeting everyone, his gift making it easy to recall names and important details for discussion.

Camilo was also busy greeting the visitors, adding his own little flair by shifting his appearance to match theirs.

"Cecilia, up top!" he yelled, changing to match the appearance of said girl, and jumping to give her a high-five.

The little girl and her family then walked into Casita, taking in all the activity going on around them. Suddenly the floor moved, sending the three of them over to a wall where the hats were hanging. Cecilia giggled as she threw her hat and Casita caught it.

Casita was helping in other ways too; lifting some of the floor back and forth to turn the corn on the grill.

Luisa evidently had other tasks as well. With three children hanging off of her, Luisa carried a large plate of snacks past Mariano, who decided to grab one and eat it. As he ate, his attention was primarily focused on Isabela. She was currently entertaining some partygoers with her gift. She made a flower crown for a little girl, a bouquet for a woman, and a flower beard for a man.

Meanwhile, a pair of curious children noticed the door that was to belong to Antonio. Curious, the children tried to run up the stairs only for Casita to change the steps into a ramp that they then slid down back onto the ground on. At this, they had a surprised expression on their faces which soon changed to laughter. They attempted once more to climb the stairs, only to get flung lightly in the air before sliding back down.

...

Antonio walked downstairs with Mirabel and Emilia.

"There you are!" Félix laughed, arms outstretched in a joyful manner.

Pepa leaned down towards her son, an affectionate expression on her face. A cloud soon appeared over her.

"Look at you! All grown up!" she remarked.

"Pepi, amor, you're gonna get him all wet" Félix said.

He shooed away the cloud and delicately pulled Pepa away from Antonio.

Camilo then decided to morph into a miniature version of his father.

"You are making your papá proud!" Camilo said, attempting to imitate Félix.

"I don't sound like that" Félix pointed out.

"I don't sound like that" Camilo repeated.

"Oh I don't know, maybe Camilo is spot on" Emilia said to Felix, who waved her off with a laugh.

Camilo gave his aunt a thumbs up in response.

Dolores, then hearing something, tilted her head.

"Abuela says, 'it's time'" she told them.

"We'll be waiting at your door" Pepa told Antonio.

"Okay, okay. Vamo, vamo, vamo!" Félix said as most of them moved to leave the room.

"Okay, okay. Vamo, vamo, vamo!" repeated Camilo, copying his father.

Félix turned back and swiftly grabbed Camilo, pulling him away.