Chapter 3 Revisited: I know (Part 2)

Mirabel and Rosa had just managed to sneak past Alma and Isabela by hiding on the stairs to Bruno's tower. The two of them watched Alma and Isabela pass by.

"Such a perfect match" Alma told her oldest granddaughter, voice full of approval.

"So perfect" Isabela agreed with her Abuela.

Mirabel didn't see, but Rosa heavily frowned at Isabela's comment.

"And so good for the encanto" Alma added, as they left the area.

Rosa shook her head but Mirabel, who had her attention on the door already, did not notice this.

The pair then slowly creeped up the steps. Mirabel was unsettled by the admitedly erie atmosphere the door provided. Rosa, on the other hand, tilted her head in curiosity.

Finding the bravery to go onward, Mirabel tried to open the door. It was a little tricky to get open but, with a little effort, the two of them were able to enter.

Before following Mirabel into the room, Rosa couldn't help but pause in order to give the door frame a couple knocks.

The first thing they noticed was the giant, hourglass-shaped entry way; a continuous downpour of sand flowing from it.

"Woah!" Rosa said, jogging up to the sand and running her hand through it.

Mirabel copied Rosa by also placing her hand under the falling sand.

"Casita. Can you turn off the sand?" Mirabel asked, looking back at the door.

Casita moved it's tiles in a low rumble.

"You can't help in here?" she asked, confused.

Casita moved the tiles once more, as if in concern.

"We'll be fine" Mirabel reassured Casita. "I need to do this. For you, for abuela..."

"and...?" Rosa asked, arms crossed.

"Maybe a little for me" Mirabel admitted.

The two of them braced themselves for whatever awaited beyond.

Mirabel took a step forward, taking in a deep breath.

"Find the vision, save the..."

She immediately fell; there being a massive drop that Mirabel had not realized was there.

Luckily, there was plenty of soft sand to help break her fall.

After doing a few flips, Mirabel slid facefirst through the sand, letting out a groan of pain as she did so.

When she came to a stop, she spit out all the sand from her mouth, and released the sand stuck in her glasses, then giving her face a wipe.

"Are you okay?!" shouted Rosa in concern.

"I'm fine!" Mirabel shouted back at her, "just be careful when-"

"Woo-hoo!"

Rosa gave a cheer as she jumped off the edge and gracefully slid down the sandy hill.

"-ok then"

They first thing they saw was the hand-shaped rock that pointed upwards; the words "your future awaits" inscribed on it.

They both looked in the direction that the sign indicated, only to see many, many, many stairs.

"Wow" said Mirabel and Rosa together, taking in the surrounding enviroment.

A toucan appeared, landing beside Mirabel and Rosa.

"Oh, hello" greeted Mirabel, smiling at the adorable bird.