Chapter 11 - Signed, Sealed, Delievered

Spencer and I walked into the police station, hand in hand. We walked right in as Hotch was walking toward us. "Glad you're here. A letter just arrived addressed to the team."

"Have you opened it yet?" Spencer asked, squeezing my hand.

"No. I was waiting for everyone to get here. We are still waiting on Derek and Penelope. Go get some coffee. It's gonna be a long day." Hotch said, turning and walking back to the room where we were set up.

"What do you think it could be?" I asked as we walked to the break room to get some coffee. I was still feeling good from this morning's love making in the shower, so even with the events to come, I had a smile on my face.

"Honestly, I think it is a letter from the UnSub. Probably saying that they are happy that we are getting so involved with the case and that we going getting closer to coming face to face with them soon." Spencer said, pouring some coffee into the cups I had gotten down for us. Spencer was able to fix my coffee just the way I like it; even better than I could. He stirred the cups content and handed me the cup.

"Thanks sweetie." I said, kissing his lips quickly. I leaned against the counter and let my head rest against the cabnit. "Will they ever stop?" I asked outloud as I closed my eyes.

"If they do, we're out of a job." Derek said, entering the room. The comment made me laugh. He was right. If the crazy people did decide to stop killing, or whatever the wonderful crazy thing they do, there would be no need for the BAU, CSI, NCIS, CIA, FBI, nothing. So I guess in a really messed up way, those kind of people were the ones who paid my way in this life.

That thought, and the sound of Hotchner's voice saying "Everyone in the confrence room, now." brought me back to reality. We had an UnSub to catch, and if Spencer was right, another body to find. I followed in behind the rest of the team into the room where we had set up. "As you all are aware, we got a letter this morning in the mail." Hotch said.

A thought suddenly hit me. "Wait, Hotch! Did you check that for Angel Dust?" I said, reaching for his hands on the letter. His eyes grew a little wider. I guess that meant no. "If Amy was the one who is involved, and if she sent the letter, she might of laced the letter with something." I said.

"Actually, the postal service is supposed to have a machine to detech whether or not a letter or package has some type of poison on or in it." Emily said, reassuring the rest of the team.

"I think we should check it. Just in case. We don't all need to end up in the hosptial, do we?" I said, with my hand still on the letter.

Hotch closed his eyes, thinking. "Officer Perkins?" He yelled.

Officer Perkins, the man who invited us to help on this case, came into the room. "Yeah, Hotchner?" He asked.

"Do you have a kit to test for Angel Dust?" Hotch asked, trying to stay as calm as possible. 

Perkins eyes grew as wide as saucers. "Yes! Give me two seconds." He said and ran out of the room. A few seconds later, as promised, he returned with what looked like a medical kit. He put it on the counter and reviled that it was not a First Ad kit. There was many packages with liquid and powder in to.

"Penelope, don't you have that same kit in your office?" I asked, laughing.

She shot her head up and put a finger to her lips. "Hush, Jones! Let the nice officer work." She said, eyeing me with that 'Shut up, or I will kill you.' look. I am guessing she wasn't really supposed to have that. I laughed a little, but put my eyes back on Officer Perkins.

He opened a small tube that had a q-tip in it and rubbed the q-tip all over the letter. After that, he put it back in the tube, holding a dropper with a pink liquid in it. "If it turns black, it's Angel Dust, if it stays pink, it's clean." He said, dropping a few drops into the tube. It turned black as soon as it hit the cotton.

"Whoa." Was the only thing that came out of Emily's mouth. "I'm sorry for doubting you, Clarity."

"We need to get you some clean clothes and a shower." Officer Perkins said to Hotch. He was still starring at the tube in disbelief.

"Yeah. Penelope, can you run back to the hotel and grab me some, please?" Hotch said, following Perkins out of the room, not giving her time to even answer.

She quickly grabbed Derek's arm and rushed to the car, not wanting to keep Hotch waiting naked.

"How did you think of Angel Dust?" Spencer said, turning to me. 

I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess since I am still convienced that Amy had something to do with this in some way, shape, or form, and since she put a date rape drug in my coffee, I thought the letter could be from her or someone who is working with her. Angel Dust is the only drug I know of that is strong enough to knock out a lot of people in a very small amount. Like, the amount it takes to shake on a letter to the BAU." I smiled.

"I wonder what the letter said anyways." Emily asked, crossing her arms. 

J.J. enter the room, "They sent the letter to a has-mat team to read it and get us a copy. It will take an hour or so, along with Hotch's shower and medical check."

"Guess we'll find out soon." I said, leaning my head against Spencer's shoudler.

"Yeah, I guess so." He said.