Chapter 14 - Ghost Hunting

Rossi and I walked walked up to the counter of the hotel we were staying at. A pretty brunette with dark green eyes was sitting at the desk. "Hello, agents. May I help you?" She asked kindly.

"Maybe. If someone wants to call a room, they have to call the front desk, right?" I asked.

"Yes. It's for the privacy of the guest." She said, she smile dropping.

"When someone called my room this morning, who was it?" I asked.

"Let me check" She said, grabbing a book. She scanned it and found what she was looking for. "William LaMontagne." She said, her smile reappearing.

"Damn it!" Rossi said, hitting the counter, turning around and heading to the doors.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked.

"No. Thank you." I said, returning the smile. I turned on my heel and ran after Rossi. "So, he knows that Will is family, which also means that he knew he would have to say who he was when he was calling." I said, getting into the SUV.

"But how?." Rossi said, peeling out of the parking lot and heading back to the police station.

"I don't know, but he must have know we could ask the front desk who was the one that called. He may be dumb, but I don't think he is an idiot." I laughed, making Rossi smile.

"I'm glad you're feeling better." He said, turning into the station parking lot.

"Thanks, Rossi." I sent him a small smile. I opened the door and see Spencer running towards me. I shut the door and let him pick me up and spin me around.

"Leave me like that again, and see what happens" He said, giving me a hollow threat.

"So where did you guys go?" Derek asked, sitting on the edge of a desk.

"No where special. But on our way back, we did happen to stop back by the hotel. Long story short, the UnSub knows our friends and families names." Rossi said, turning and smiling at me.

Everyone gave us a weird look. "How do you know it's not Amy?" Derek asked in a tone I didn't like to hear. He was dead set on her being the UnSub, and his mind usually only goes one way: His.

"Why would you use a voice modifer if you were a guy? It doesn't make sense" I putted in, knowing I could get through to him.

"She is in jail right now. Unless she had access to a phone." He stopped to think for a minute. "Pull McConnell back in. He might know who exactly is doing this." Hotch said, from the other room. He must have been ease dropping on us while talking to the chief of police.

I smiled. "One step closer to home." I said, turning in my heel and following everyone outside.

I heard the door open behind me and I turned to see who we were leaving behind. "Clarity, we need you to stay behind." J.J. said.

"We?" I asked her, knowing it wasn't really meant to be plural.

"Ok, I need you here. I could use the extra eyes and hands." She smiled.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Go ahead. We are just gonna bring him back. I'll see you soon." Spencer said, kissing my cheek.

I watched them drive away and turned to go back inside with J.J. "Ok, so what are we working on?" I asked, looking at the huge stacks of paperwork on the table.

"Honestly, I just wanted you here. It gets pretty lonely when it's just me in a room alone. I wanted the company." She smiled, but her tone suggested that she wasn't being exactly honest.

"J.J., why am I here and not with the team?" I asked her again.

"I told you." She started.

"No, you told me a lie. Why am I here?" I asked again, raising my voice a little.

"I wanted you to stay behind. It seems that you are being targeted again by the UnSub. I don't want you in the field. There is a chance they could try and snag you while out." Hotch said from the doorway.

I turned around to meet his eyes. "I would of been with three, armed, men who would have my back." I spat at him. "You didn't have to pull me off the field."

"J.J. could still use some help. I have Penelope going through the recent calls with the hotel and the firm. Help her narrow it down and see if you can be any help there too." Hotch said, turning away.

"But, Hotch?" I started.

"That's an order." He said, barley turning his head back.

I turned around and sat behind J.J., trying not to look her in the eyes. "I'm sorry." She said.

I looked up at her. "For what?" I asked.

"Having to lie to you." She said, with a weak smile.

"And we are live, outside the law firm that is holding inside who we are now calling "The Introducer" for the name tags left on the victims. The FBI has just arrived on scene." The reporter said.

J.J. and I looked at the TV screen. "Hotch!" We said together.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked, rushing inside the room. We pointed to the TV. And he dropped his head. "Who leaked that information?" He asked.

"Whoever it was, might just have giving our UnSub a get away." J.J. said, turning the tv off.