xvi. 𝐄𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭

Vera gasped in shock when she opened her dorm room, finding the strawberry blonde laid across her bed, flipping through one of her books

Vera gasped in shock when she opened her dorm room, finding the strawberry blonde laid across her bed, flipping through one of her books. Henry looked up, grinning at her as Vera shut the door. "You scared me to death."

"Sorry." he leaned up with an arrogant grin. "You look very pretty."

Vera kissed his cheek as she passed the bed, heading to her closet. "How'd you get in here?"

"Your window." he said back, sitting up straight. "August got a hold of Alexander."

Vera paused from the closet, turning around and hurrying to sit down next to him on the bed. "Is he all right? Is
he home?"

"Yes. He doesn't have his phone because his parents are angry with him." Henry nodded, crossing his legs as he looked at her. "He hasn't said anything either, to get me or Wilhelm in trouble. But he wants us to find a solution so he won't get expelled."

Vera nodded. "Of course, of course. Does August have a plan on how?"

"If we don't find one, he's gonna tell on all of us." Henry went on, making Vera blink. "Meaning he stays, but I get in trouble and so does the prince."

Vera blinked again, looking away a second. "Well, I don't blame him. I think he'd leave you out of it though. After everything."

"Maybe." Henry nodded. "But he's not gonna think to leave Wilhelm out."

Vera knew he was right, standing up and running a hand through her hair. "Jesus Christ."

"August will figure something out." Henry tried to ease her panic.

"You mean he'll find a way to put it all on Alexander to save the rest of you." Vera corrected him with a shake of her head. "It isn't fair. Either way, someone's gonna get hurt."

"We still have a few days. Maybe the guys and I can find a way to get it together." Henry rose to his feet as he stood infront of her. "I'll keep you in the loop the entire time."

"Just don't let anything bad happen to him. Non of this was his fault." Vera looked at Henry in the dark room, shaking her head. "I don't want you or my brother to go down for this either though."

"I know." Henry nodded, pulling her shoulders so her arms went around his waist. "I swear I won't let August blame Alexander for this."

But Vera should have known better then to waste her precious time on boys with pretty eyes.

"Why didn't you come back to the room last night? Or to dinner?" Felice asked as the next day came around, finding Vera wondering the halls.

"I was so tired, I just passed out." Vera laughed slightly as they walked, seeing a few people whisper as they looked out the windows.

"I can't believe it was for real." Stella spoke, turning away to look at Madison.

"What's going on?" Felice asked as the two stoped and looked down at them.