XXIV. 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿𝓹𝓭𝓬◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR—
loud silence.

"Okay, it starts with all the guys, through out the week, writing love letters to the girls they're interested in." Vera rose her eyebrows as Fredrika explained to Sara the big fuss on this party that was to be hosted. "And then, they'll be-"

"It's so goddam stupid that only guys get to write though." Stella cut her off quickly.

"True." Vera agreed as she pointed at her with her fork.

"Sorry, but it's not our fault that they were a bit sexist back in the 1700s, right?" Fredrika said in return as she pulled her hair up.

"So, not much as changed?" Vera asked sarcastically, Felice laughed with a faint look of agreement.

"Nowadays, you can send to whoever you want. And then they're sent out anonymously-ish." Fredrika finished off her explanation to Sara, pulling her hair through the loop one more time.

"Yeah, but some guys send to practically everyone." Felice added in as she looked her way.

Vera exhaled loudly as she leaned back. "Love a good man-slut."

"Vera." Felice scolded her.

"What? I do!" she defended herself. "Also love non man-sluts as well, it depends."

"Vera." Felice repeated.

"And then, everything ends with a masquerade ball." Fredrika concluded her story to Sara, smiling in excitement. "And if you manage to find out who your secret admirer is, you attend the ball together."

"And you get to wear real dresses from 1700s, and wigs too." Stella pointed out as she nodded her head.

"Wigs give me acne though." Vera touched her forehead.

"When did you wear a wig?" Sara glanced at her.

"I shaved my hair once to try and get out of a interview I had with Erik. My Mom had a wig made from the hair I cut off, I had to wear it until it grew back at least to my shoulders." the blonde cringed at the terrible memory. "The wig is a no from me."

"We're gonna look like Marie Antoinette, for real." Fredrika laughed alongside Stella.

"But, she was decapitated." Sara stared.

"But..." Fredrika rolled her eyes. "Can everyone stop being so negative all the time? I don't get it."

"But what do you write in the letter?" Sara glanced at the girls.

Before she could answer, the chief walked in with a special dinner hidden under a shiny lid. "Princess Vera?"

She glanced up, a questionable look. "Mhm?"

"It's a special delivery." he set it down before her with a small bow. "Enjoy."

Before Vera could say anything else, he walked away and left the girls to huff and puff. "It's unfair you get to eat whatever you want. I wish I could order in."

"I didn't order in." Vera removed the lid, seeing a plain turkey sandwich on the inside with the sides cut off.

"It's only a sandwich?" Stella gave an odd look, that's when she saw Vera pick up a letter. "Oh! First bite of the season!"

"What's it say?" Felice smiled. "From Alexander? Henry?"

Vera unfolded the letter with her name on it, knowing the handwriting. A small went across her lips. "Crust removed, just as you like it. Love, your secret admirers."