XXII. 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿𝓹𝓭𝓬◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO—
orders from the queen.

"Live long and mary. Live long and mary. Live long and mary for a hundred years." the group of girls all sang together as they walked into Sara's room, Vera held the cake carefully in her hands. "A life long of mary. A life long of mary. Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!"

Sara blew out her candles as Vera cringed. "Morning breath!"

Sara laughed at her.

"Woohoo! You get to make a wish!" Madison gushed with a grin. "And happy birthday."

"How does it feel to be 17?" Stella smiled af her.

"I'm actually turning 18." Sara corrected as she adjusted in her bed.

"What?" the girls all asked. "Are you kidding?"

"I had to repeat a year when I was younger." Sara explained as Vera carefully sat the cake down on the bed.

"Oh, my God. Wait. You can go clubbing." Stella eyes widened a little bit.

"And you can buy cigarettes for me." Madison added in, making Vera laugh.

"Oh, my god. You're an adult." Fredrika gasped as her eyes widened. "You're allowed to vote now."

"Political talk to a minimum this early in the morning." Vera begged, using her thumb to swipe a finger full of icing off the cake.

"Right, sorry. Forgot our rule." Fredrika reassuring Vera, the blonde leaning forward and swiping the icing on Sara's nose.

"Well, if I hadn't been an adult, I wouldn't have been allowed to move here." Sara pointed out. "My mom wanted me and Simon to drop out after his...s-sex video."

Vera shifted uncomfortable as the girls were all quiet, nodding slightly.

"Okay, time to open your present." Fredrika changed the subject quickly with a smile. "And if you don't like it, we have the receipt. You can exchange it."

"But, you'll like it." Vera reassured her, glancing out the window for a second.

"Oh." Sara gushed at the new riding jeans they'd all gotten her. "But, these-these are crazy expensive. I can't accept this. It's too expensive."

"Stop trying to be so humble." Vera rolled her eyes with a smile. "It was barley anything between all of us splitting it."

"Every time it's someone's birthday, we all pitch in a couple hundred, then we-" Felice explained with a shrug. "-we buy a little something."

"Don't worry. It's a tradition." Madison promised with a smile. "Who is next? Vera is next?"

"That's right." Felice smiled as the blonde reddened. "She's blushing!"

"Aww!" Stella gushed as she poked her fellow blonde in the face.

"Well, thanks!" Sara gushed with a laugh.

"Vera." Wilhelm stoped at her desk and leaned down. "I think I might have gotten August off the prefect position."

Her eyes widened a tad. "Really?"

"Well, it was just a suggestion, but I think Vincent really heard me." he nodded his head, glancing at the spot next to her. "Taken?"

"Taken." she confirmed, glancing over her shoulder where Simon sat alone. "Looks like there's a spot over there."