EPILOGUE 🔞

VIOLET
Saturday, November 20, 2021

The coffee maker spurts out the last drops of coffee as the kitchen fills up with its toasty smell. I pour it into my mug, watching the morning sunlight spill in through the windows.

Saturday mornings are my favorite.

We get to take it slow. Savor the time we have with each other. Taehyun usually sleeps in and I get to spoil him after his long week of practice and performances. I hear the bed creak and I know he's awake, so I reach for another mug and fill it up for him.

"Morning, babe..." he mumbles sleepily as he ambles into the kitchen. He wraps his arms around me and digs his face into my neck, taking a deep breath in. "Why are you here and not in bed?"

"I wanted to make you breakfast-" I giggle, pecking him on the cheek as I hand him his mug. He takes it and stands next to me, leaning back against the counter. "How did you sleep?" I coo, swiping his dark purple hair away from his brow.

"Like a baby," he smiles and pulls me into his chest. I love that he smells like my sheets, a soft lavender scent that reminds me of him when he's not here. "What about you?"

"Me too..." I smile, gazing up at him. "I didn't even hear you come in though."

"Yeah, you were out-" he giggles, reaching for something in his pocket. "But you looked so cute- look-"

He pulls out a polaroid picture of me sleeping. The blanket goes up to my cheek and my face is scrunched into my pillow.

"Tae!" I laugh, blushing at the way I look. "I'm practically drooling! You can't show that to anyone!"

"What? Why? You look so cute!" he giggles, taking the picture and looking at it. "Look at your little cheek-"

"No-" I laugh and grab it from him, trying to hide it behind me. "I know you- you're going to keep it in your room and Kai's gonna laugh at me- Hey!"

He laughs and tries to grab it from me, reaching for my hand behind me as I step back into the counter. He presses his body against me and finally yanks it back. He smiles triumphantly, holding the picture in his hand.

"Hey! Not fair-" I pout, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Aw, babe!" he coos, wrapping me in his arms. "You really don't like it?"

I shake my head no, pouting at him as he looks at me sweetly.

"Okay, fine- I'll make it disappear, okay? Watch-" he takes a step back and holds the polaroid between his fingers, moving his hands gracefully.

"Okay, watch closely- Ready?" he smiles, following the picture with his eyes as if it were moving on its own. "One, two, three-" he moves his hands quickly and the picture is gone. "There! You see?" he grins, watching my pout slowly turn into a smile.

"Better?" he giggles, stepping closer to me as he snakes his arms around my waist. I nod my head yes and drop my head into his chest, feeling the warmth and comfort of his body.

He kisses my forehead softly, taking me into this endless unraveling I've been feeling since we both confessed our feelings to each other. I've found myself again. In him. In us.

"I love you..." I whisper, gazing up at him as he brings me closer. "I'm so happy you're here, baby."

"I love you too," he smiles, his eyes filling up with a brightness I'll never get tired of seeing. "I can't wait to spend the weekend with you..."

"What do you want to do today?" I press my lips together into a smile. But I can see he already has something in mind.

"Well..." he starts, sliding his hand up my shirt. "I have a few ideas..." he smirks, leaning in to me. He stops to look at me, but neither of us moves. My heart is thudding low and deep, like the deep rumble of a kick drum. So loud I know he can hear it.