Intro

Far off in a far-off land, lies the kingdom, known as Fiore. It's a small peaceful nation of seventeen million and a place filled with magic. All that was thought to be mere imaginations in the mind of people were now a reality. As such magic is now a part of everyday life, bought and sold in every marketplace all over the kingdom. For some of them, magic is a unique art, and have devoted themselves to it to master its unique wonders. Various guilds were created as they dotted the landscape each of them with various names and unique wizards possessing their unique kinds of magic.

However, some dangers require the assistance of mages to take care of. Some of the dangers are beasts such as wyverns, Vulcans, and various other beasts that pose a threat. The beasts vary in strengths as it requires more powerful mages to defeat the larger and tougher ones. Even with mages having taken care of these beasts, some wish to use the power of these beasts for their gain. One of these beasts in particular that caught the eyes of some was the Zinogre.

Various mages have spotted other beasts similar to the Zinogre such as a Tigrex, Nargacuga, Rathalos, and many more each with their unique powers. Of course, there have been sightings of dragons but none of them were ever confirmed as many thought it was just to draw attention bringing more money for those towns who were struggling. However, those who went to investigate the rumors, found rather odd areas ranging from spine-like bones, frozen icicles with magic flowing through them, odd embers along with various other things.

One such man who is known as Brain has gathered various samples from these beasts and has been harnessing their power. He has even gone through great lengths to hire dark guilds to kidnap children from various places to experiment on. The ultimate dream that he had was to create a group of monster-like mages to rule the world and destroy all those who opposed him. As such, he had to do his diabolical experiments in a secluded part where no one would ever look and to make sure the eyes of the Magic Council were not on him.

Currently, he was in his lab with various assistance doing their research.

Brain: How is our progress?

Assistant: Good so far sir. Unfortunatly, we have lost subjects, R-10 through 18 and T-9 through 11. Of course, others didn't pass the first tests which make our loss of test subjects about....three hundred, sir.

Brain: Unfortunate. However, that will not stop us from achieving my desire. What is the status of our tests for the Zinogre?

Assistant: Most of the subjects that were assigned died when being infused with a lacrima possessing the Zinogre's magic powers. However, there is one child who has managed to survive the first test.

Brain: Is that so? What is his name?

Assistant: His name is Y/N L/N, from Mythmire. From the reports, it seems as though his body has infused itself with it and has caused drastic changes to his body. He looks rather similar to the beast itself.

Brain: Show me.

The assistant brought up the screen where it showed the one named Y/N L/N who appears to be only about three years old or so, laying on the floor of a cell appearing to be lifeless. His appearance was similar to a Zinogre having a tail, spikes on his back along with harns and wolf-like ears. There was blood on the floor and his body after the painful experience he went through.

Barin: Magnificent. Said smirking. His body has accepted the lacrima beyond my expectations.

Assistant: His body has recently adjusted to the new power surge that we gave him.

Brain: Proceed on with the test and have him start combat training immediately.

Assistant: B-But sir. We do not know the full extent of the results after infusing with the lacrima. Not to mention, we do not know about the physiological aspects.