Chapter 29

After everyone at the town's entrance saw the massive golden bean which violently shook the ground. The Zinogres that followed Skjor immediately went to check on their leader. Mae followed by Gildarts, Kruck, and Kolzar chased after them as fast as they can wondering if Y/N was alright. By the time they arrived, they were utterly shocked to see that the area had drastically changed.

Mae: Wh-What in the world happened here?

Kolzar: I-I have no idea. I can't imagine how much magic power was used in that attack we saw.

Kruck: Over there!! Look!!

They look to where Kruck was pointing seeing Y/N laying on the ground unconscious.

Mae: Y/N!!!

They ran over to him to check on his condition. Gildarts quickly placed his fingers on his neck and found a pulse.

Gildarts: He's alive. Just unconscious.

Mae let out a sigh of relief hearing this.

Kolzar: Though where's Skjor? Said looking around. Y/N was fighting him, wasn't he?

Kruck: Who cares! Let's just get the boss back so he can recover!

Kolzar: Look it's my job to make sure the town of Glimmerfair is safe!!

Kruck: Oh so what!! If ya wanna fight feather boy then let's fight!!

Mae: Oh will both of you just shut up!! God, I seriously hate how annoying you can be Kruck.

Gildarts: Hey now, let's worry about him later. I have a feeling those Zinogres that followed Skjor have already taken him far away from here.

He picked up Y/N carrying him over his shoulder.

Gildarts: Let's go inform Shuune about what happened.

All: Right.

They started to head back to the town as Kolzar looked back rather curious about what happened.

Kolzar 'thought': Just what was that we saw back there? I don't know why but I get a feeling there was another hybrid here.

He stayed where he was for a bit before joining Gildarts and the others. When they got back to town, Gildarts carried Y/N back to the house he was in with Mae and Kruck helping Kolzar and the others with patrols around the surrounding areas. Once Gildarts brought Y/N back into the house, Shuune did a medical examination on him.

Over the next few days, there were no dangers anywhere close as any tracks leading to Skjor and his ground were nowhere to be found. After Shuune did her medical exam on him, she didn't find anything that seemed off or wrong. Mae was carrying a bag filled with various fruits and vegetables ready to cook up a meal at home.

Mae: I wonder what I should make when I get home. Sure eating meat is something that Kruck wants but I wanna eat something else.

Eventually, she arrived home and walked inside heading towards the kitchen. She placed the bag on the table and was about to check on Y/N. However, when she turned around, Y/N was standing in the doorway which utterly shocked her

Mae: Y-Y/N!? Y-You're awake?!

Y/N: Yeah.

He walked into the kitchen and looked into the bag.

Mae: I-I thought that you were still unconscious.

Y/N: I woke up not too long ago.

He rummaged through the bag and pulled out an apple. With it in hand, he took a large bite out of it and left the house.