Chapter 21

After leaving the room, Gildarts relaxed in one of the spare rooms Shuune had her home. He was rather intrigued by everything in the village as she also gave him some books about her research. Some of the hybrids he meet were Nock, Kolzar, Mae, and Kruck who were rather curious about him aside from Nock. After a few days, Gildarts was ready to move out as he along with Mae, Kruck, and Nock were all standing at the town entrance.

Gildarts: So are you guys ready?

Nock: Yeah we are!! We're ready to fly, and take to the skies!!!

Mae: Some of us can't fly ya, idiot. Said annoyed.

Kruck: Eh so what. Our mission is to get some crystals, right?

Kolzar: That's right. Nock knows where he found the crystals so you'll be leading the way.

Nock: No problem yo!! Leave it to me, and we'll be there in a breeze!!!! WEEEEEEE!!!!

He raised his arm as a large bolt of lightning struck him. After a few moments, Nock had changed into his monster form standing in front of them, roughly sixty feet long.

Gildarts: Well I'll be

Gildarts: Well I'll be. So you hybrids can take on the forms of the monsters?

Kolzar: More or less. You can also say it's Take Over Magic.

Nock lay on the ground as he looked at them.

Nock: Let's get going yo. The sooner we get going, the sooner Zingore starts howling!

Kruck: Alright!!

As such, they got on top of Nock one by one. Once they were situated on him, Nock slowly stood up.

Kolzar: Let's go, Nock.

Nock: Alright. Best ya'll hang on cause we're gonna fly as free can be!!!!

With a flap of his wings, he slowly took off from the ground and soon high into the air. Shuune watched them leave her home as she had a concerned look on her face.

Shuune: Please hurry. I'm not sure how much time he has left.

She watched them fly further and further away until they were gone from sight.

Ultear: What would you like for us to do in the meantime? Said walking out of the house.

Shuune: For now I want Meredy to rest here. Said looking at her. She must be really shaken after what happened.

Ultear: She's alright. Though she wasn't badly hurt.

Shuune: Even so, I still want her to relax for now.

Ultear: Very well. Would the Harvest Festival be happening soon?

Shuune: I believe so. I take it you want to take a few of the children with you?