Chapter 2

Morning came the next day as Y/N was on his back sound asleep lying on the floor. During the night, he fell off the couch causing a loud thud which woke Gildarts up as he was rather concerned about what it was. Though when he saw it was Y/N he got a chuckle out of it and went back to sleep. When morning finally came, Y/N slowly woke up as he stretched a bit before scratching his head with his foot. While he did this, his nose picked up the scent of food as he sniff the air.

???: Hungry are we?

Y/N looked to see Gildarts sitting at the table that was nearby with food on the table. In a split second, he jumped onto the table scarfing all the food down. Luckily, Gildarts was able to take his trey away before Y/N could get his.

Gildarts: Hehehe, easy now. There is plenty of food no need to scruff it all down.

It didn't take him long before eating everything as he lay on the floor with his stomach full. He let out a satisfied sigh as a loud belch escaped his mouth.

Gildarts: Seems like you ha your full, huh.

Y/N had a goofy smile as Gildarts at his food. After he had his food and washed the dishes, he had Y/N follow him as they went outside near the river.

Gildarts: Alright, starting today I'll be teaching you a few things about fighting and how to act like a normal person.

Y/N tilted his head in confusion not fully understanding what he said.

Gildarts: You can't act like a wild animal. You'll have to act like the others which means you'll have to understand how the world works. Said as he smiles. Though I'm sure you want to prove that you are the strongest, right?

Y/N nodded in response as Gildarts saw that he had a certain fire in his eyes.

Gildarts: Of course, you'll have to understand that being the strongest isn't everything.

Y/N: Why? Strength is everything!

Gildarts: That's not true. Though we can start with that if you're interested. Said smiling. I want you to try to hit me.

Almost instantly, Y/N dashed towards him trying to slash him. Gildarts easily avoided it, as he grabbed his wrist and threw him into the river creating a large splash.

Gildarts: Not bad but you won't beat me yet.

Y/N emerged from the water as he swam to the side and climbed out. He shook the water off of him sending bits of water everywhere as his fur stood up.

Gildarts: Think you can defeat me?

Y/N glared at him for a moment before looking away annoyed.

Y/N: Stupid old geezer.

Gildarts: Hehehe, knowing your limits is one way of getting stronger.

Y/N: Stronger?

Gildarts: That's right. There are several ways for a person to get stronger. One of them is knowing when to stand down.

Y/N: Why?

Gildarts: You'll understand that one day. For now, let's work on controlling your power. Said smiling. I think you can use your power in various ways. Who knows, maybe one day you'll develop your fighting style.

Y/N: Fighting Style?

Gildarts: That's right. Come on. Let's get started.

Y/N nodded in response. As such, this was the start of a rather unique day for Y/N training under Gildarts and learning more about the world. The training for Y/N was extremely difficult as Gildarts pushed him to his limits daily or rather Y/N pushed himself to his limits wanting to get stronger. Aside from training, Natsu would occasionally try to talk with him and get him to open up but ended up fighting with Y/N, resulting in Natsu being sent flying most of the time. Aside from training, Y/N was taught more about the world by Gildarts and Makarov. Despite being taught, Y/N utterly despised it as he refused to learn most of the time. However, whenever no one was looking, he forced himself to study in the forest nearby.