Chapter 3

Time flew by as Y/N was roughly the age of seventeen years old and has the same age as Mirajane and Erza. During that time, a lot of things happened such as various events such as the S rank promotion. Out of the Y/N, Mirajane, and Erza, Y/N got promoted first as he had a cocky and smug smirk when Makarov told everyone the news. Of course, he decided to brag about it over Mirajane who was rather furious as they had a rather intense rivalry between them. Whenever they run into each other, they always start arguing between each other and budding heads. Despite getting older, they always act like kids whenever they run into each other. There have been times when they fought during missions reducing the surroundings to rubble. When word got to Makarov, he gave both of them a scolding despite the two of them blaming the other.

As for Natsu and the rest of the guild members, their bond has grown to be rather strong. Given how stubborn Natsu is, he would challenge Y/N every time he sees him but always ends up with his head about two feet in the ground. He always had a bred expression after knocking Natsu with a single punch on several occasions saying you're too weak, imp runt. When it comes to some members such as Laxus, it never goes well. Y/N and Laxus have never gotten along for whatever reason and utterly despise each other. So much so that they almost started a fight that could've destroyed the whole guild and a large part of the town.

Right now, Y/N was making his way back to the guild after finishing a mission that took him roughly two months to finish.

Y/N: Damn, jerks. Making me scope out a whole valley just for materials. Even with how much, they paid me, it wasn't enough for me. Said rather annoyed. I need more money than what they gave me.

Whenever he meets a client or a new person, they often find him to be rather terrifying given his appearance. Of course, with the reports of monster-like people with similar appearances to Y/N, he is often looked at in a different way than most people. Aside from this, the interactions between Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord haven't been good lately. That goes without saying with Phantom Lord's master, Jose Porla, often called Y/N a disgusting beast in front of Makarov during one of the Guild Master's meetings. If wasn't for Makarov restraining him, Y/N would've ripped Jose apart without hesitation.

There have been a few times that he got into a fight with several members of Phantom Lord. Most of them were ambush attacks whenever he was heading to or from the mission. If it hadn't been for Erza and a few other members that joined him on missions, Y/N would've been in jail for a rather long time.

As he continued to walk, he sensed that someone was nearby causing him to stop. He stayed where he was scanning his surroundings before using a lighting claw to slash at a boulder nearby shattering it to pieces. There was no one nearby which annoyed him but footsteps came from behind him.

???: Seems like you're a bit jumpy lately.

He quickly turned around with a deadly glare with his arm surrounded with electricity ready to slash whoever it was behind him. However, he stopped just inches from his throat as a staff was inches from his own throat. The reason he stopped was that it was a friend of Fairy Tail and a fellow S rank wizard.

 The reason he stopped was that it was a friend of Fairy Tail and a fellow S rank wizard