Chapter Two

I opened my eyes to a bright day outside. Rubbing my head I sat up and realized I wasn't in my room anymore. Slowly I looked around searching for answers. Cautiously I rose from the grassy floor. Suddenly I felt cold air form around me and my surroundings changed. An old beat up house covered in vines and moss stood in front of me. You could just hear the creaks from floorboards and groans from the slowly falling house.

"Why am I here?" I mumbled to myself. Walking to the door, it felt like the mood around it changed. Laughter filled the air. Not some crazy laugh but a nice warming laugh. Opening the door a lady about 33 walked past me without a glance. She looked just like my mother.

"Honey, can you go get Leia from upstairs?" The lady called from a room close to the front door. Curiously, I walked in and shut the door. A little girl with nice long, brown hair skipped into the room holding a stuffed rabbit.

"That looks just like Neo." I thought aloud. The girl looked at her father who came downstairs. He smiled and the room got brighter. His wife, the lady, came over and pecked his lips. The little girl giggled and ran into what seemed like the kitchen.

"Honey, Sophia seems different.." You could tell by the lady's face that she was generally concerned. The man shook his head and chuckled slightly. Just then a teen girl walked downstairs. She wore a yellow sun dress that fit her perfectly and flowed when she walked.

"Mom, Dad, I'm going to be leaving for college next week." The teen smiled as her parents hugged her. She looked just like my older sister who passed away a while ago. This didn't make any sense. The lady looked my way and smiled.

"We love you till death do us part, my lovely Sophia" She waltzed over and hugged me. Not knowing what to do I hugged back slightly and looked around. All the familiar faces were my family. But why were they in my dream? Suddenly I felt sleepy and shut my eyes.

~End Of Dream~

I shot up sweating. Tears streamed down my face. I jolted out of my bed down the stairs where I found my parents crying. It's not like I don't care for them, it's just that I hate having to cover my bruises and hide from the world.

"Is everything alright?" My voice came out shaky and scratchy. Mother locked eyes with me and I saw my past in them. Tilting my head I looked at my father. It wasn't like him to cry. Once he looked up he cried harder.

"We are so sorry sweetheart, we never meant to hurt you or your sister." They are apologizing? Wait why did they say sister. "We never meant to kill her, we just didn't want her to take you away." They killed Leia?! They told me she was in a car accident. Anger boiled inside me and I needed to leave this room. Making my way into the kitchen I finally snapped. I grabbed a kitchen knife and walked back into the living room.

"You monsters!" I screamed, my face turning bright red. "You lied to me, beat me, and now you tell me you killed Leia. You both deserve to rot in hell!" I ran towards the couch without thinking. I never expected that I would do this.