Chapter Fourteen

Sophia's P.O.V

I slowly made my way back to the mansion hoping nobody would be home. There weren't any lights on, as far as I knew. Usually nobody is home at this time. Out the corner of my eye I saw a small light flicker past the large front window.

"Who could that have been?" I thought to myself approaching the house quietly. I drew out my knife clenching it in my fist. Unlocking the door I swung it open looking frantically around.

"Where have you been?" A small voice questioned me. Looking over my shoulder I saw a little girl smiling gently at me. I remember her.

••FLASHBACK••

"Who are you?" I froze in my spot and looked back. The little girl reminded me of my little sister. She looked just like her. Sighing, I walked over to her and crouched down to look her in the eyes.

"I'm Sophia, you should be sleeping." My voice was hushed as I heard sirens approaching the house. The girl looked at me then pulled me past her parent's dead bodies and into the back yard. She pointed softly to a fence behind a little shed.

"You can escape through there." Her voice was soft and sweet. I felt bad for her, but I had to do something about her. I don't want her ratting me out. Quickly I picked her up and ran for the fence. Once I was out I ran for a mile until we reached the forest. A strange expression was on the girl's face.

••END OF FLASHBACK••

"I've been a bit busy." I replied, my voice coming out low. Crouching, I reached over grabbing the little girl's hands. She grinned at me, her eyes shining. I felt horrible for her.

"Can we play a game?" She asked to play with one of my rings. I had to keep her entertained while I waited for everyone to get back.

"Sure what do you wanna play?" I questioned her. She pulled her hands away from mine, skipping past me into the dining area. I followed suit behind her. Laying on the table was one of my favorite board games. Clue.

"Let's Play!"