Chapter 17

One day later....

We packed our bags with our phones and some other random things that we might need on this journey and left Layla's house. We walked on a sidewalk. The sun was bright. The morning air smelt fresh. I could tell that today is going to be a good day.

Anna slept over last night to make it easier to leave the house in the morning. I realized something today. I never asked Layla or Anna if they drink blood. I mean they are vampires and I have never seen either of them drink blood or even talk about it. I guess they feel uncomfortable talking about it with me because I'm not a vampire. Maybe they drink blood when I'm not around.

Layla was walking in the middle of Anna and I. She looked really happy. I think she's thinking about how her life is really taking a good turn. Not that it was ever bad but she used to be the leader of the demons and I don't think she'd ever go back because of me.

I keep revisiting the memory of the night i found out I had powers. Sometimes I forget that i even have powers. I think that's a good thing though. If I could go back in time I would have asked my parents more about their past and their lives. Maybe then they would have told me about my powers. Unfortunately I can't go back. I wish I could go and see them just one more time.

"Ok it's like way too quiet. How are you guys doing. I know I'm excited." Anna blurted enthusiastically.

Layla chuckled.

"Anna it's like 9:00 in the morning. We're just tired." Layla explained.

Anna is an early bird so for her this is a piece of cake to walk around at 9:00am but Layla and I on the other hand are having a hard time not falling asleep.

"So do you guys ever drink blood?" I wondered.

"Not often. As long as we drink it about twice a month we're healthy. If we don't drink it we get a sun burn if we step outside." Layla said.

"Yeah, I learned that the hard way. It's the most painful sun burn though. Imagine a sun burn but more extreme." Anna told.

"Wow that's scary. Where do you get it." I asked.

"The immortal building gets blood bags from the local hospital but not many." Anna spoke.

"That's why we only have blood the minimum amount of times that youre supposed to drink incase the immortal building ever runs out of blood." Layla explained.

That makes sense. No wonder I never see them do it.

Layla linked her hand with mine.