Chapter four.

The next day...
I woke up to the sound of yelling. I was still wearing yesterday's clothes and I still had the book of history on my bed. I decided not to go downstairs, instead I eavesdropped.
"This is outrageous." Yelled Layla.

"You punched a hole in the wall!" Exclaimed her mom.

"I was really angry!" Defended Layla.

"When you get angry you blast heavy metal, you don't punch holes in the wall!" Yelled
Layla's mom.

I heard a meow at my door. I got out of my bed and opened my door.
"Fangs!" I said excitedly.
He came into my room. I completely forgot that he followed me into the portal. I pet fangs on the head and he hopped onto my bed.
I had school in 20 minutes. I got dressed into a blue t-shirt and dark skinny jeans. I got out of my room and walked downstairs once again listening to the same commotion and yelling I had woken up to. I walked past the kitchen and down the hallway which lead to the entrance to the house and the living room. I picked up my school bag which was leaning against the wall and slipped on my shoes. I opened the door then walked outside. Anna was standing outside waiting for me.

"Hey" I said.

"Wanna walk to school with me?" She asked.

"Sure." I replied.

"So there's this party tonight" she said.

"Are you gonna go?" I wondered

"Yeah you can come too if you want" she offered.

"I haven't been to a party since last year so sure." I agreed.

Things got quiet after that. Is there something going on with Anna? She's usually way more enthusiastic and chatty. After 5 minutes we were at the school.
She didn't say anything . What's going on.

"Anna I know when you're mad, tell me what's wrong." I asked.

"I need to go." She said.
She walked away really quickly. I know she's hiding something from me. But what could be so bad that she won't even tell me? She tells me everything.
I walked into a class.
I saw a tall old man holding a book. He was standing in front of a chalk board. I sat down in the back of the class. Once everyone was sitting down the teacher began to talk.

"In 1902 a man was walking alone at night when all of a sudden a beautiful pale woman came up to him. She was the prettiest girl he had ever seen. Her eyes turned black and she but his neck. The next week he woke up.. As a vampire." Said the teacher.

"So who's a vampire in this class." He asked.

About half the class raised their hands. Wow I didn't realize how popular they were. The teacher babbled on about the immortal history. I was so bored! I found myself almost falling asleep five times. I had to do it. I closed my eyes.

"Cameron! Get out my class!" The teacher hollered. I left the class and went out the school. My phone rang. It was Anna.

"Hey Anna what was going on before."

"This isn't Anna if you want her to live come to the schools basement."

"Wait who is this." The phone hung up. I ran to the schools basement only to find a hunter.
Anna was sitting on a hair with duct tape over her mouth. I peeled off the duct tape.

"I want answers." Said the hunter.

"Well so do I." I said angrily.

I threw a fire ball at him.

He disappeared. I untied Anna.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"No." She answered.

"Well what happened?"

"He's coming back."

"So what, I'm stronger than him."

"Are you stronger than an army of hunters?"

"Maybe."

She up from the chair and stared at me dramatically for a moment. Her cute brown eyes gleaming at me. She walked away. I wonder what that was about.

I walked into the hallway and looked at some papers pinned to a cork board, one of them caught my eye. It said tomorrow is the day where you are put in a group and track down hunters and demons that are trying to hurt us for three days.

I hope I'm partnered with Anna. I feel like something is bugging her and I just want to know so badly what it is.