3. In Need for Comfort

-Riley-

-Riley-

I could've tried to convince myself I only had a weird fever dream or something last night. I'd been tired after staying the entire weekend at my friend's house, after all. The drive back home had been exhausting and scary, too. It would've been so easy to tell myself it was just a dream.

I stared at the backseat of my car. The blue interior was covered in blood.

"How am I supposed to get this clean...?" I sighed before tossing a big blanket back over the seats to make sure no one saw it.

It actually happened. I'd saved a vampire's life. And I fed him my blood. And now I was eager to go see how he was doing, so I walked around the car, hopped behind the wheel, and pulled out of the parking space.

I still had the address on my navigator, so it was easy to find the right place. I was still a bit surprised to see the laundromat in the corner of the building, even though the blood had already convinced me that last night really did happen.

I got out of the car and walked up to the laundromat. There were a few machines on, but no one was around, so I made my way to the back, to the door that was now locked. I glanced over my shoulder to make sure I was alone before I knocked.

A short moment later, Mike came to open it, and immediately pressed his finger on his lips before letting me in. I nodded without saying a word and tiptoed after him as he led me to the end of the hallway. But we didn't enter the room Sirius had been in last night. He pushed open a door on the opposite side, revealing another hallway. We walked to the end of it and entered a room on our left.

I stepped in, my eyes immediately finding Sirius. I didn't register anything else in the dimly lit room. He looked like he was asleep – or dead – as he lay under thick covers in a nice, big bed. I did notice it was an actual bed, not a hospital one.

"I have to go check on another patient. Don't leave this room, okay? No one knows Sirius is here, so no one can know about you, either," Mike told me in a hushed voice, stepping back outside.

"Okay," I said without taking my eyes off Sirius while Mike closed the door.

Sirius looked so handsome... He had more color on his face now, and his lips were red. I put my bag down by the door and quietly approached his bed to stare at him closer. I hoped I wasn't waking him up, but when I reached him, he sniffed the air and opened his eyes, giving me a little disoriented look.

"Oh, hi," he said, his lips spreading into a smile at the sight of me. "Is it already afternoon?"

"Uh-huh. Ten minutes past five," I said, sitting down on the edge of his bed. "You look much better now."

"I feel much better," he said, his eyes studying my face closely.

"You do look tired, though," I noted.