12. Worry Too Much

-Sirius-

-Sirius-

I just stared at the wide living room that opened up right before my eyes. There wasn't much yet, but that didn't bother me. Just by watching the wide space, the massive windows, and the modern look, I knew I made the right call when I bought it.

"I take it you still love it," Riley said.

I glanced at him. He had a happy smile on his face as he watched me.

"I do," I breathed out. "Let's go! I want to see everything!"

Riley laughed lightly at my enthusiasm and started our tour. He stopped my wheelchair by every room and opening so I could take a good look while my giddiness kept growing. I'd already loved it from the get-go, but seeing it now, even without a lot of furniture, knowing it was all mine... It was wonderful.

"You know..." I muttered when we stopped in the middle of the kitchen, and Riley stepped in front of me. "This is mine. My home."

"I do know," he said with a smile.

I shook my head. "I mean, this is... Mine. All mine. My family has never stepped a foot in this place. Just me."

His smile grew warmer. "It's yours to do whatever you want without the bad memories."

"Exactly," I said. "I didn't hate the mansion, but it wasn't my home. It was just a place where I lived."

"And what a home this will be!" Riley said, leaning in to hug me. "Your home is beautiful."

"If only I knew where to start," I said, peering around at the white walls over his shoulder. "So much to do."

"I'll help however I can," Riley said.

"Obviously," I said with a chuckle.

He pulled back and studied my face. "How are you feeling? Tired? Hurt? Was the drive here too much?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine," I said. "You worry too much."

"You almost died," Riley reminded me quietly. "And all I could do was watch. I'm sorry, but I am going to worry too much."

"Fair enough," I whispered.

He smiled and hugged me again, then stood up and turned to look around as well. "So! What is the first thing you would like to do in your very own home?"

"I, uh..." I glanced around, but the place really was empty. And the wheelchair was getting uncomfortable. I sighed. "I think I should keep my promise to Mike and go back to bed."

Riley smiled. "At least you have a big TV in the bedroom now."

"Hmmh..."

Riley stepped behind me and pushed me into the bedroom behind the living room. It sure was big. The massive bed I'd ordered was already there, the big pillows and soft blankets nearly calling my name. I was suddenly exhausted. I suppose the small trip had taken its toll on me, after all, but I hadn't noticed it in my excitement. A small TV stand had been placed at the end of the bed, and on top of it was my new TV.