11. Exciting Day

-Sirius-

-Sirius-

I checked the clock for the hundredth time, then sighed and tried to relax in my bed. Riley was at the penthouse at that very moment and had promised to come to visit me once all the deliveries had arrived.

A smile formed on my lips as I thought about that human boy. What would I do without him? Nothing. I'd be dead without him. I'd died a horrible, painful death alone in that god forbidden forest, and the heavy rain would've washed away my ashes, leaving no evidence behind. I still shivered every time I thought of that night.

I checked the time again. Twenty-two minutes past seven. A minute had passed. I sighed. I was not doing well alone. I was slowly losing my mind staring at these walls, and Mike was too busy to keep me company. At least I now had Riley's blood in a bag, but... I'd tested it once, and I wasn't too interested in trying it again. It was better than the other blood, but my stomach couldn't quite handle it, but I was able to drink it.

It wasn't the fresh blood I missed. I didn't even care about the food. I needed Riley and his company. I was slowly getting over the night I was attacked, but being all alone for hours gave my memories room to emerge, and it was eating away at my sanity.

The thought of my new home cheered me up. I entertained myself by picturing the place with my new furniture and trying to think if I had forgotten something, although right now, I really only needed the bed I'd already bought. The rest I could get later.

I was carefully hoping I'd get to move in tomorrow. I knew both Riley and Mike would try to stop me, but I really, really didn't want to stay at the clinic any longer. I tried to keep in mind that my condition would still keep me in bed for most of the time, and I still wouldn't be allowed to leave my home, but having more space and interesting views was good enough for now. I refused to even guess how long I'd have to stay trapped in my own home... I didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to think about him.

The man who had ordered my kidnapping.

Riley deserved to know about him after everything he'd done for me, but I couldn't. Not yet.

An hour later, Riley finally returned to me. He had a big smile on his face when he stepped in, and his eyes found mine.

"It's done! And it looks so good!" he informed me when he hurried to sit down on my bed. "The rest of the stuff arrives next week, but everything important is now there."

I smiled as well, the excitement rising inside me. "So does that mean I get to move? Tomorrow?"

"The penthouse is ready for you. Everything is where you wanted, so it's up to Mike now," he said enthusiastically, which surprised me a little.

"You're not going to stop me?" I asked in suspicion.

"Well, there is a lot more security there than here. Besides, even I'm getting tired of looking at these walls," he said with a smirk. "And I'll be there to make sure you get enough rest."