5

Next Day.

Von awoke from his sleep, yawning as his eyes fluttered open

Von awoke from his sleep, yawning as his eyes fluttered open. He looked at the clock on the wall, seeing that it was 11 in the morning.

He stared at the ceiling, everything but his head under the thick covers as he basically melted into the soft bed in the warm room.

He hadn't slept in a nice bed since he was a little kid. Even before he went to prison, he was either sleeping on the floor or somebody's couch. He never wanted to leave the bed.

He wished he could tell Jayda how appreciative he was of her helping and checking on him for the last month, but he didn't know how to communicate his feelings.

All he could do was tell her thank you, because he really was so thankful for her.

There was a hard knock on the door, making him snap out of his thoughts as the door opened.

"Too hard?" She asked, and he chuckled, knowing she'd probably knocked softer before she did the hard one, but he couldn't hear since his hearing aid wasn't in.

"I brought you some breakfast from ihop. I don't know what you eat, or if you eat a certain way. So I got you a little bit of everything." She sat two bags on the bed, then opened the blinds, making him flinch, covering his eyes.

"Sorry." She laughed, slightly closing them, still allowing the sunlight to shine through.

"Can I sit?" She asked as he opened one of the bags.

"This your house." He mumbled, and she chuckled, sitting down on the edge of the bed with her phone in her hand.

"I have some errands to run today. Do you wanna stay here?" She asked without looking up from her phone.

"I will rob you." He spoke, and she laughed, looking up.

"I have cameras. Do what you please." She chuckled, and he did as well.

"Anyways, I have a photoshoot, I need to go grocery shopping, and I have to get my hair done. You're probably uncomfortable in my space, so if you want I can get you a hotel? Or you can stay here. I just don't want you outside because it's cold as shit." She said, standing up out of the bed.

"I'll stay." He mumbled, and she nodded.

"Ima go get you some fresh clothes. Hold on." Jayda walked out of the room, and Von ate some of the eggs on the plate.

Last night, he'd took a hot shower for the first time in years. As well as gotten his hair washed and retwisted, ate a home cooked meal, and put on brand new clothes. He felt so refreshed, but he didn't want to slouch off her.

Jayda walked back in the room with a pair of shoes, sweats, a shirt, and a hoodie. Von absentmindedly tapped his chin with the tip of his fingers, looking back down at his food.