33

Three days later.

Von sat in the chair next to Jayda's hospital bed, his eyes bloodshot red as he rubbed his temples.

He looked at her now deflated stomach, not entirely back to her normal flatness, she just looked a bit bloated.

Destiny and Ariana had been up there with him, staying the days and then going home at night. But today, he just wanted to be alone. He didn't want to be around anybody besides Jayda.

He hadn't left her side for more than five minutes since he'd first rushed her in the hospital three days ago.

He hadn't said a word since she'd slipped into a medically induced mini coma, just staring at either her or the white walls.

He didn't even know how to feel. He was mad, sad, tired, and a bunch of other emotions that he couldn't quite put into words.

He pushed his dreads out his face, his head laying in her lap as he rubbed her hand, listening to her machines beeping steadily.

He missed her. This was the longest he'd been away from her, and technically they weren't away, but it felt like it.

He just wanted to hear her laugh, or hear her cuss him out again to lighten up his mood. He'd never been this sad in his life.

"Baby?" Jayda mumbled, and his head popped up, facing her.

"Oh my god." His voice cracked as he wrapped his arms around her, holding her body close to his as she hugged him tight.

"I'm so sorry Jayda I don't know what happened ma. I don't know how that shit happened, baby I'm sorry." He wiped his face, and Jayda locked eyes with him.

"My baby?" Tears brimmed in her eyes, and once he sighed, she covered her face.

"Von I said to choose h-oh my god. Oh my god my baby." She cried into her hands, and he held her body to his.

"He still here Jayda. He still got a chance ma." He rubbed her back, and she looked up at him, meeting his red stained eyes.

"Wh-how?" She mumbled, and he wiped her face.

"I chose you, but they was able to keep him breathing. He in ICU. I don't know his chances baby all they told me was they did all they could." He told er, and she shook her head, crying into her hands.

"I couldn't lose you Jayda. I'm sorry baby I c-I couldn't chose him over you. I can't do this life shit without you. You my whole heart. I love our son, I swear to god I do with everything in me, but Jayda I'd chose you over anybody. It's supposed to be me and you for life. If h-if he doesn't make it, we can make more. I'm sorry Jayda, I couldn't." He cried softly, and she wrapped her arms around his neck, nodding her head.

"It's okay baby. It's okay." She sniffed, rubbing his back as the two of them cried together.

"I'm sorry Jayda. You my baby man if I lost you and was able to prevent it, I don't know. I wouldn't have even been able to take care of him without you. We supposed to do it together. I love you ma I c-" His voice cracked, and she nodded, kissing his lips.

"I know baby. It's okay. I love you so much. I'm not upset with you I promise." She hugged around his neck, and he sighed, kissing her shoulder as he laid his face in her neck.

"You made the right decision Ky. Stop crying, we're okay. Our baby gone be okay too. We gone be fine, I promise." She mumbled, rubbing his back as she wiped her own tears.

"I love you. We good baby." She kissed the side of his face, and he nodded, wiping his face.

"I missed you so much." His voice rasped, and she held his face.