15 | The Interlude To Privet Drive

It had been almost unanimously agreed that the large group would be paying the Dursley's a visit. Harry was the exception; he protested, saying that he'd already made his peace with Dudley, and to some extent Petunia. The others had protested saying that they had most definitely not made their peace with those pigs.

Ron and Ginny only seemed to add fuel to the fire when they briefly explained that they did more to Harry later on.

And so, the group found themselves outside of Privet Drive, all sharing similar angry faces.

"No one puts my Godson in a cupboard!"

They had also been joined by Dobby, who cheered at Sirius' announcement and made his attempt at a battle cry that went something like, 'for Harry Potter! The best wizard there is!'

It was James who knocked on the door, and it was Dudley who opened it.

Dudley appeared to think that the man stood before him was Harry, well until harry stepped forward with an awkward smile.

"Hey, Dudley," he said awkwardly scratching the back of his neck, "just thought we'd pay a visit."

"We're here to do more than that."

"Patience Molly honestly."

Molly glared at her husband. Mr Weasley's expression turned to something nearing murderous when he heard Vernon ask Dudley who was at the door.

"Your brother and sister-in-law," answered James.

There was a silence in the house before both Petunia and Vernon rushed to the door, well Vernon more waddled, but you get the picture.

When Petunia eventually stood by her son, she froze. The colour drained from her face. There stood before her was a woman who looked exactly like her late sister. The same fiery red hair and bright green eyes, but not the same warm smile. No, this Lily Potter looked downright murderous.

"We thought we'd pay a visit," said James somewhat awkwardly, as he interrupted the sisters' stare off.

Petunia's head snapped towards her brother-in-law, and went even whiter, if that was even possible.

Vernon meanwhile had joined his wife and son at the door and was nervously eyeing the wands in all of their hands.

"Well, are you going to invite us in or..." this came from Hagrid who bent down slightly so he could see through the door way.

Dudley let out a sound that sounded oddly like a squeal.

"Ah yes, if you don't mind letting us in," said Mr Weasley, as Fred and George made the first move to enter the house.

Dudley seemed to instantly recognise the twins, and took a huge step backwards.

The group traipsed into the house and made their way towards the kitchen. Well, that was until McGonagall froze when she saw the small cupboard.

Lily, realising her old professor had stopped, turned, frowning; and then she saw the cupboard and froze. Walking towards it, Lily gently opened the door. Took one look at the space in the cupboard, and marched towards her sister, wand in hand.

"You put my son in a cupboard," it wasn't a question, merely a statement. A statement that came out remarkably calm, but had that clear angry undertone which caused Petunia to take another step back and hit the wall.

She started stuttering, but then paused when she saw the group of angry redheads approaching her husband. They were seething and looked as though they were ready to spit fire. Meanwhile, Harry stood awkwardly by the door watching the scene unfold.