05 | Family Reunion

Meanwhile, in the great hall family reunions were about to take place.

"Why did McGonagall call us here?" asked Ginny who was sitting at the Gryffindor table surrounded by the rest of the Weasleys. They all just shuck their heads in response except Ron and Hermione who were desperately trying to suppress their grins.

They had all been summoned by McGonagall moments before hand and now found themselves waiting for this big news.

"How big could it possibly be for them to drag us down here," said Ginny as the others just shrugged. Glancing over at George, she could see that her brother was once again completely silent something none of the Weasleys ever thought would happen, it was unnerving.

*****

While they all sat waiting for the big news, the returners were standing nervously on the other side of the door.

"We need to make like a big entrance," suggested Fred.

"What and shock them half to death," replied Tonks, "how do we even know they're going to believe it's really us?"

"I wouldn't," grunted Moody.

"Well let's get on with it I've waited long enough," said Tonks, "I want to see my son."

"Maybe we should wait for McGonagall," suggested Colin, "where did she even go?"

"I'm here," said McGonagall as she strode over to the group, "how about I go in and tell them then you come in when I say." The group nodded and stepped back out the way to let her through.

*****

"Ah here she is now," said Bill as he spotted her coming towards them.

"You wanted to see us Minerva," said Mrs Weasley as she tried her best to smile. The last week had been tough on the Weasleys after Fred's death and they didn't think any news McGonagall had could possibly cheer them up.

"Well, I have amazing news," she said calmly desperately trying to contain her excitement. They all looked at her with raised eyebrows. "Earlier today the most miraculous thing happened... oh just come in!" she shouted; at her words the doors to the great hall opened. Everyone's mouths dropped in astonishment except Ron and Hermione who were looking smug.

"What kind of trick is this Minerva," said Mrs Weasley as she eyed Fred suspiciously. George had finally lifted his head and was looking at Fred with a look of anger across his face.

"Hey, what's got your wand in a knot Georgie," said Fred as he smiled innocently at his twin brother. George balled his hands into a fist whilst Ginny who was sitting beside him looked aggressively at them.

"Its really us," piped up Tonks whose attention was on her mother and son who were also sat on the table staring in disbelief.

"Yeah its us Dennis," said Colin as he looked at his unsure looking younger brother.

Amos Diggeroy then bounded into the room quite out of key and threw his arm over Cedric's shoulder. They all gave him suspicious looks, "What I've already checked him with veritasium," he said cheerily as he led Cedric over to the other end of the table.

"Its really them, we've had them checked. Harry made sure of that," said McGonagall.

At that moment the three Potters, Sirius, Remus, Dumbledore and Severus came into the room looking rather cheerful. The looks of astonishment grew on their faces, they all stopped by the other returners except Harry who joined McGonagall by the table.

"Harry," said Ginny softly, "is it really them?"

Harry nodded before turning to Sirius and James giving them a nod. The two men then turned into the big black dog and the magnificent stag. If it was possible, their jaws dropped even more. The two men then turned back to themselves with huge grins plastered onto their faces.