03 | The Shock

"What?!" said Harry his voice gradually increasing in volume as he continued, "have you gone mad? Has the war finally gotten to you Professor? THEY'RE DEAD PROFESSOR. Have been for nearly 17 years!"

Harry began pacing muttering things to himself, he then proceeded to kick the desk and yell in rage. The Potters watched their son silently wanting to do nothing more than embrace him and tell him it was really them. Harry stopped his pacing and looked up glaring at McGonagall before proceeding to rant about how ridiculous it was.

His voice was now down to a whisper and it sounded strained.

"Show yourself," McGonagall said softly, when Harry had finally paused. James pulled off the cloak to reveal himself and Lily.

Harry stood stationary for a moment or two before his anger built up again, "MY WAND! PROFESSOR GIVE ME MY WAND!" he bellowed.

"No Harry," she replied calmly.

"How could you let death eaters in here? How could you let them fool you?" he continued.

"It's them Harry," she said simply.

"That's IMPOSSIBLE!! He yelled, "people don't just come back from the dead professor!"

"You did," snapped McGonagall, to which James and Lily's jaws dropped.

"That was different," he said quieter, "I was well... its different I hadn't been dead for 17 years." Lily was crying more now at her son's reaction to seeing them and James had practically frozen in place. "My wand please professor, so I can clean this up," he said calmly.

"There's nothing to clean up Potter, its really them. Mr Weasley and Miss Granger saw him turn into Prongs," she said gently.

"Did you see them though?" he asked to which McGonagall shook her head, "well how do you know they weren't confunded."

"I- I didn't think of that," she whispered before turning to face James, "James can you - can you show us?" James nodded before turning once again into the stag; McGonagall seemed satisfied but Harry wasn't.

"I need more proof first professor, this is just ridiculous," he said, the tiredness was evident in his voice. At that moment footsteps could be heard and Ron and Hermione came into the room. "You have it?" Harry asked softly. Hermione held out the veritasium which Harry took with a murmur of thanks before facing the Potters. "You're going to drink this and I'm going to ask you some questions to eh... prove your identity," Harry said as he handed the veritasium to James.

James drank half the bottle before passing it to Lily who drank the rest. "Full name?" Harry asked James.

"James Fleamont Potter," he replied instantly.

"Who are you married to?"

"Lily Potter,"

"When did you die?"

"31st October 1981"

"What was the nickname your friends group had at school?"

"The marauders."

"Patronus?"

"Stag."

"How are you back?"

"I don't know."

Harry seemed satisfied so he began to question Lily, "name?"

"Lily Potter."

"Married to?"

"James Potter."

"Date you died?"

"31st October 1981"