19 | Memories - Second Year - Classic Chaos

The scene then shifted to the trio walking down the same corridor where the bloody message had been written on the wall.

The trio, as expected, were trying to work out the mystery of the message by tracing back to what they had seen on Halloween.

“Remember all that water on the floor? Where did that come from? Someone’s mopped it up,” said Harry.

“It was about here. Level with this door,” replied Ron, who went to open the door before immediately withdrawing his hand as if burnt.

The confusion felt by memory Harry was then shared by some of the audience, until Sirius, at the same time as memory Ron informed them it was a girl’s toilet.

“Remember when we-” Sirius was cut off by a thump over the back of the head from James who was glaring at Sirius and glancing back at Lily every few seconds. Sirius, by some miracle, took the hint and mimed zipping his mouth shut and throwing away the key. This naturally piqued Lily’s interest, as well as the twins of course, who watched on with raised eyebrows. Luckily for James and Sirius, attention was quickly diverted back to the scene where Harry, Ron and Hermione were walking into Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom.

The group watched as Hermione called for Myrtle, who emerged from her cubicle and scowled at Ron and Harry.

“This is a girl’s bathroom. They’re not girls,” Myrtle said, eyeing Ron and Harry suspiciously.

“Don’t know about that,” said Fred.

“Look like girls to me,” continued George.

Ron scowled at his older brothers, who were entirely undeterred.

“Ask her if she saw anything,” mouthed Harry, which Myrtle noticed causing her to scowl.

“I wish people would stop talking behind my back!” cried Myrtle, “I do have feelings, you know, even if I am dead.”

“Really subtle Harry,” laughed Bill.

“Found your new career,” continued Fred.

“She hasn’t changed,” mumbled Sirius, to which James and Remus nodded in agreement.

“Did you see anyone near here that night?” asked Harry.

“I wasn’t paying attention,” said Myrtle dramatically, “Peeves upset me so much I came in here and tried to kill myself. Then, of course, I remembered that I’m – that I’m-”

“Already dead,” said Ron helpfully, causing Myrtle to give a tragic sob.

“Absolutely no tact,” muttered Mrs Weasley as she shook her head at her son, causing the audience to chuckle.

The scene continued even after the trio had left the bathroom, which caused a few raised eyebrows in the group. This then quickly shifted to laughter when Percy came into view.

“RON! That’s a girl’s bathroom!”

“Really?! Didn't know that."

“What were you-?”

“Just looking around you know.”

That had the group howling, and Percy turning red. He mumbled that he should have known something was going on. They laughed even more as Percy lectured Ron; well, except Percy who had turned the colour of a beetroot before being saved by the change in scene.

The scene now showed the common room where the three of them were once more speculating.

“You couldn’t just have left it be,” whined Mrs Weasley.