08 | Memories - First Year - The Train

"Dangerous? What do you mean it gets dangerous," said Lily nervously as she exchanged worried glances with James.

"You'll see," said Harry as he took out his wand and pulled a thin silvery strand from his temple and placed it in the pensieve.

One by one, they re-entered the pensieve to find themselves standing in Kings cross station with a young Harry and the Dursleys.

"Why are they looking so smug?" questioned Bill.

"Well, there you are, boy. Platform nine - platform ten. Your platform should be somewhere in the middle, but they don't seem to have built it, yet do they?"

"Have a good term," said Uncle Vernon with a nasty smile before leaving without another word.

"He just left you!" exclaimed James disgusted.

"You're surprised?" Harry muttered in response.

"Sorry Harry, I should've told yeh," said Hagrid as he lowered his giant head to look at his feet.

"It's alright Hagrid, you'll see," Harry reassured the friendly half-giant.

Just after Harry had received funny looks from the station manager about asking for platform 9 3/4, the Weasleys came into view.

"packed with muggles of course" they heard memory Mrs Weasley say.

Memory Harry followed the Weasleys towards the platform catching snippets of their conversation before they stopped by a brick wall.

The oldest of the boys marched forward and was suddenly gone.

The group watched amused at Harry's reaction to watching Percy disappear.

"Fred you next," said Mrs Weasley.

"I'm not Fred, I'm George," said Fred, "honestly woman, you call yourself our mother? Can't you tell I'm George?"

"Sorry, George, dear."

"Only joking, I am Fred."

Laughing now, the group watched as Fred and George went through the wall.

"Excuse me," said Harry.

"Hullo dear," she said, "First time at Hogwarts? Ron's new too,"

"Yes," said Harry, "the thing is - the thing is, I don't know how to"

"How to get on to the platform?" said Mrs Weasley kindly.

"You were ever so polite," said Mrs Weasley softly with a smile, which caused lily to beam with pride.

They then watched Harry get onto the platform and the twins helping him lift his luggage. Next, they saw the twins notice Harry's scar.

"What's that?" one of the twins asked pointing at Harry's forehead.

Mrs Weasley scowled at the twins as they continued to watch.

"Blimey," said the other twin, "are you-?"

"He is," said the other, "aren't you?"

"What?" said Harry.

"Harry Potter," chorused the twins.

"Oh, him," said Harry, "I mean, yes, I am."

The twins gawped at him before they were called away by their mother.

"You don't like attention, do you?" asked Lily, Harry shook her head, "not like your father then he would've loved the attention," she laughed.

Turning their attention to the Weasleys, they watched the exchange with smiles on their faces.