18 | Memories - Second Year - The Chamber Of Secrets

The scene shifts to the Quidditch pitch, where an angry Wood is storming towards Flint and his band of giant cockroaches - and Malfoy; something which causes present Malfoy to turn red in embarrasment. A similar nervousness had come over Hermione and Ron as well, as their eyes flickered between Malfoy and the scene; Harry however, was just watching as though it wasn't his life being observed in excruciating detail in front of all of his family and friends.

"Flint!" Wood bellowed at the Slytherin captain. "This is our practice time! We got up specially! You can clear off now!"

"You tell him Wood!" chanted the twins in unison.

"But I've got a specially signed note here from Professor Snape. I, Professor S. Snape, give the Slytherin team permission to practise today on the Quidditch pitch, owing to the need to train their new seeker," said Flint.

"That little slime ball!" bellowed Sirius, who was barely being restrained by an unsurprisingly calm Remus.

"You've got a new seeker? Where?"

Malfoy had now turned bright red as he watched the smug face of his younger self appear at the front of the crowd.

The group began to seethe in anger as they watched the Slytherin's show of their new brooms.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in," said Hermione sharply. "They got in on pure talent."

"Yasss queen!" yelled Sirius, causing everyone to simultaneously turn to him, eyebrows raised, to which he nonchalantly shrugged.

Hermione was blushing now as the group watched the scene unfold closely.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little mudblood," Malfoy spat.

The reaction from the bystanders was instantaneous; but Lily was by far the loudest, she was shouting profanities at the young boy before James placed a gentle hand on her shoulder to calm her down, before then proceeding to do exactly the same; until they saw Ron step forward.

"How dare you!" said Ron, as he pulled out his wand, "you'll pay for that one, Malfoy!"

"Whoop! Go Ron!" yelled Sirius, who was jumping up and down like a little kid.

"While I applaud your effort, that might not have been the wisest thing to do with that wand of yours," Remus winced, as the group watched the spell backfire on Ron.

Ron turned green quickly, something highly amusing for the Slytherin's, before Harry helped him up and suggested they head for Hagrid's.

The group chuckled slightly when Harry was pestered by Colin again, but Mrs Weasley was too distracted gaping at what her son had just done to be taking any real notice. Then she was gushing, Ron went red and the twins laughed.

The scene then shifted to show Harry, Ron and Hermione standing in the dungeon surrounded by ghosts and awful looking food.

"This is how you spent Halloween?" questioned Neville, eyebrow raised as the trio just shrugged.

"I felt bad," Harry mumbled.

"What was bad was that food and dreadful music," Ron muttered in response, to which the onlookers agreed as they covered their ears.

"Knew you were like Lily," Remus smiled.

"Not all the time," laughed Sirius, "we all know the car thing was all James."

"And the dragon thing, and the-" Ron was cut off by a glare from Hermione. He threw his arms up in surrender, "right no spoilers."

"Dragon thing?" asked a slightly panicked Lily.