09 | Memories - First Year - The Beginning Of Trouble

The witches and wizards continued to watch the younger versions of their friends/family as they got their first glimpses of Hogwarts.

"I remember the first time I saw the castle," said Lily softly as she watched her son's face light up when he saw it.

"Same, I was 7," said James, a couple of them sent James a confused look; "my dad brought me a couple of times," he explained.

Facing back to the scene, they watched as McGonagall explained about the points system and houses before leading the quivering first years into the hall.

"Blimey, we look tiny," laughed Ron.

Memory McGonagall began reading out names; eventually, she came across Hermione.

Hermione walked up to the stool muttering to herself to relax as she sat down.

"Mental that one I'm telling you," said Ron.

After a short time, the sorting hat called out "Gryffindor!" as the room cheered and clapped.

The process continued as more students were sorted, they watched a smug looking Malfoy strut up to the stool and get put instantly into Slytherin and a shaking Neville get put into Gryffindor.

"Harry Potter," called McGonagall, all the eyes in the hall looked at Harry.

"I've never seen that many people watching a student get sorted," remarked James as he watched his young son walk forwards and sit down.

The hall watched with baited breath as Harry sat on the stool, it took ages before the hat called, "Gryffindor!" Instantly, the hall erupted into the biggest cheers as you could hear the Weasley twins shouting "we got Potter!"

"Get in," exclaimed James, "look how happy they are to have you!"

Next, they all watched confused as to why Harry was showing them a memory of him finding out about a break in to Gringotts. They watched him realise that had been the vault him and Hagrid had been to. Harry could see that Lily was trying to piece together why her son had shown them that particular memory.

The scene changed and they found themselves out in a field by the castle standing in lines with brooms next to them.

"Stick your right hand over your broom," called Madam Hooch, "and say, Up!"

Everyone then proceeded to shout up. Harry's broom immediately shot to his hand, but others weren't having much luck.

"Flying not your thing then Hermione," laughed James as he watched Hermione struggle.

"I prefer to keep my feet on the ground," she muttered.

The group cringed as Neville lost control of his broom and fell, present day Neville had turned red as Luna comforted him.

"None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts before you can say Quidditch!" Madam Hooch then led an injured Neville back up to the castle.

"Did you see his face, the great lump?" said Malfoy once the two were out of sight.

Present day Draco had gone red and was mumbling to himself about how stuck up he'd been.

"Shut up, Malfoy," snapped Pavarti.

"Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom?" said Pansy, "never thought you'd like fat little cry-babies, Pavarti."

"Look!" said Malfoy as he snatched the Remembrall up, "It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him."

"Give that here Malfoy," said Harry.