Prologue

You know I really should find better ways to spend my time instead of just lying in my bed, staring at the ceiling fan, and sulking in my own depression. Drop, drop, drop. Oh great, rain. Depressing, saddening, wet, rain. Perfect way to describe my mood. I mean, don't get me wrong, rain is awesome it's just not needed right now.

"Knock knock honey you're home so soon what happened ?" I hear my mom yell through the door. When I don't answer, she just walks right in. Great just great now-

"Carly Alexandra Accardi!! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THIS ROOM!?!"

I turn over knowing that I should have cleaned it but when you find out that the person who you thought loved you, cheats on you, it's hard to complete simple tasks like that let alone breath which shouldn't be difficult.

I turn over, sniffing, trying to hide my tissues so I won't get a million and one questions. I bury my head in my pillow. "Sorry mom I'll get it later." I told her, although it came out more as a muffle.

"What's happened to you? Is everything okay? Where's your boyfriend Jake? Aren't you guys suppose to be~ "

"Well mom here's what's up"

I sit up in my bed and fiddle with the hem of my cover, trying to come up with a reasonable explanation. I bite my bottom lip, which has always been a constant habit of mine when I'm deep in thought.

"I went over Jake's because a while ago we talked about meeting up to discuss our relationship and, you know, talk." A tear trickles down my face as I continue.

"So you know my friend, well my ex friend now, Scarlet who " claimed" to be my bestest buddy ever? Yea well I caught her and Jake, you know..." I cried even harder.

"Oh honey I'm so sor~ ."

"No mom, save it, sorry won't fix the fact that I'm once again single." I let all of the tears flow freely now, realizing just how crappy my life is.

"Okay, okay enough about me. Tell me again how you and dad met, please pretty please!" I poke my lip out and batted my eyes.

"Alright, alright shut up and lay down." I lie back down grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Flashback

Katherine POV

Work, work, work. Yup that's my life. That's all that matters as of now, I think as I sit down with my Carmel Mochiato. Opening my laptop I stare at the blank screen willing my mind to come up with something, anything.

"Adam Accardi!" The woman behind the counter calls. I glance up from my screen to see this hot devil walk up to get his drink from the young lady. He leans over the counter in a flirtatious way and the chick flips her hair and pokes her chest out in his face.