If Looks Could Kill

Alexander up top ^^^

Carly's POV

I awoke the next morning and went to check on Cayson. He hasn't been himself lately and all of the doctors and psychologists that he have been to all say the same thing.

"Trauma. He's suffering from trauma. It may or may not go away but you have to find ways to take his mind off of what happened." I've been told this numerous of times so today I decided to give it a try. I walk into his room and see that he is sitting on the floor with crayons and markers.

"Watchu doing bud?"

"I'm drawing me on the swing and mommy pushing me. That was the last day we spent together." I hold back the tears and sit down next to him.

"Can I see?"

"Sure"

He gives me the picture and I look more closely at it. It was then that I noticed that behind them stood a man dressed in all black.

"Cay"

"Hmm?"

"Who is this guy right here?" he takes the picture away from me.

"I don't know who he is. Mommy told me to push myself on the swing and she went to talk to him. When she came back, I asked who it was and she said "no one." My eyes go big and my heart began to speed up. No, it couldn't be. Or could it?

"Look at me Cay. Did you hear anything that they said to each other?" He looks up and taps his chin.

"Umm I only heard a few words. They were leave, liar, I love you, and...Adam." I swear my heart just skipped a beat. I squeal in excitement, pick him up, and twirl around the room.

"Please put me down." He says with a serious expression. I frown and place him back on the floor. 

"Can I borrow your drawing for a bit to show Cameron?"

"Sure but bring it back," he tells me. I run out of his room and barge into Cameron's but he's not there. I walk downstairs to the kitchen and there was a note on the fridge.

"Good Morning Car Car. Cameron and I went for a morning run but we should be back by 9. Luv u!"

Xoxo -Aud

I look at the time and it is 1:30. If I'm not mistaken they are 1,2,3,4, 4 and a half hours late. I contemplate whether or not I should be worried, but sitting there thinking about where they could be is a waste of my precious time.

I go back upstairs to take a bath but not before stopping to give Cay his picture back. While the water is running, I stare at myself and and I think about my mom and everything that I've been through. I honestly don't know why, but I began to sing that song reflection from the movie mulan.

"Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me? Why is my reflection someone I don't know? Somehow I cannot hide, who I am, though I've tried. When will my reflection show who I am inside?"

I love that song so much. When I was younger, my mom and I would watch that movie and sing together. Once my bath is full, I get in and stay for about an hour. When I'm all done, I go into my room. That's when I remember that today is the day of the charity event and Aud is suppose to go with me.

I pick up my phone and dial her number but it goes straight to voicemail.

"Hey this is Aud. Sorry I missed your call I'm either busy, or I  really don't like you. Leave me a message bye!"