𝟎𝟏 | 𝐨𝐧𝐞

"Never trust your fears,
they don't know your strength..."

A Z H A R -

Clad in a three-piece raven-black suit, he was a sight for sore eyes. The suit hugged his broad shoulders. His hair, which was perfectly gelled previously, was now a mess because of how many times he had passed his fingers through. His stubble has grown more complimenting his looks. Even with weary eyes, he looked handsome. As he walked through the hall of the building he owned, Azhar had that famous emotionless expression.

With his hands in his pockets, he walked like the King he was. His aura screamed power and intimidation. "Azhar bhai, Sir called you in his cabin." His guard told him. Azhar never liked whenever his employees called him 'Sir' as they did in the beginning, that is why he had strictly told them to call him bhai or just by his name if they are elders. But his father was another story, the man never allowed his employees to call him by his name. It was Sir for them.

With a heavy sigh, Azhar thanked his guard and went lazily into his father's cabin. Without knocking, he entered the door. "I thought your mother raised you better than this. You should knock before entering someone's cabin." As soon as he entered, Faraz Sultan mocked him without looking at him. His eyes were glued to the screen of his laptop as he leaned on the headrest of his chair.

"You better not talk about manners, Father, it doesn't suit you. Besides.." Azhar challenged Faraz with his eyes. "- you cannot question my upbringing when you didn't follow your mother's." A small, satisfied smile curved Azhar's lips. No one was better than him in mind games and words. It was almost funny how the student overpassed the teacher.

It was his father who taught him this and now Azhar was standing against him. Their relationship was burned long ago. They never behaved like father-son but rather like two competitors. Faraz had taught him how to twist words and used them to his benefit but a lot more too.

Azhar stood there, his straight shoulder displaying his confidence. He wasn't the small, cowered boy who used to be scared of his father's personality. Rather he became the monster that held eye contact with the devil. No matter how good he was, Azhar knew he cannot become the devil his father was. He was satisfied being the monster.

"You never learn your lesson, do you? Always questioning me about what I do or don't. You should focus on yourself, son." The word son was like an insult from Faraz's mouth to Azhar. He didn't like that word from him when he was never treated like one but somewhat trained like a dog.

"I don't have all day, you called me and I came. Now tell me what's the matter." He rolled his eyes before glancing at the Rolex on his right wrist. He had somewhere to go in half an hour.

"Have a seat first, I don't know if you will be able to handle whatever I am going to say." With a frown, Azhar sat on the chair opposite his father and listened. "I want you to marry in a month or so." Faraz's calm posture irritated Azhar because his words were not as easy as they seemed. His father knew how Azhar hated the idea of marriage. He had seen his parents' relationship and how his mother had suffered. He didn't want this for someone's daughter knowing in what type of field he was.

No father would throw their daughter in danger, or would they?

"Oh, and what makes you think I am going to obey you ?" His fist bumped into the glass desk making a crack appear as well as his arm veins. His anger was rising and so was his blood pressure. But Faraz Sultan was calm, after all, he was the one to raise his son into the man he was today, so there was no reason for him to be scared. Moreover, fear wasn't his type.