𝟏𝟕 | 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"What you hide in your heart,
appears in your eyes..."

Z A Y N A -

"Zayna..." A small whisper left his mouth.

He put his gun down which he was holding high. His eyes were full of shock, but mostly pain. Pain that Zayna hasn't seen before. "It was a lie. Everything." Shaking her head furiously she said. She couldn't believe it, it was just a lie.

"Let m-me explain.." He got closer to her but she stepped back not allowing him to touch her. Hassan was stuttering.

"Y-you also lied to me. You h-hid everything f-from me." Her sobs echoed in the empty house and teared Hassan's heart.

"Give me a chance Zayna, it's not what you think !" He pleaded with his voice and eyes.

"CHANCE OF WHAT HASSAN. YOU LIED, YOU ALL LIED TO ME. THEY WERE NEVER MY PARENTS AND YOU," She pointed an accusing finger on his chest. "-ARE MY PATHETIC BROTHER BUT I NEVER NEEDED TO KNOW THAT! Right ?" She yelled on top of her lungs. Her heart was bleeding with every word she spoke.

"I was going to tell you! Just not this way!" He desperately tried to reason her.

"When? When I was going to die? You knew everything from the beginning Hassan but you didn't tell me. Everyone thought I was just a stupid puppet in your games? Right? Kyunki Zayna ka to apna koyi wujood hi nahi hai [Because Zayna doesn't matter]. She is just a toy we can pass to each other and play with!" She fell on her knees, her sobs getting louder.

"I couldn't tell you just yet when you yourself was suffering with a lot." He got on his knees and cupped her face. She was the eldest of them, he was the youngest but they were still broken to the same extent. "It was not the right time, Zayna. I thought we should deal with our personal lives first before telling you who you really are." She looked up to him with teary eyes.

She hated breaking down in front of anyone.

"You used me for your stupid revenge, Hassan !" There was hurt, betrayal and what not in her eyes.

"I didn't for God's sake! I would never use MY sister for any revenge Zayna! I wanted to end your suffering by making them suffer!" He shook her by her shoulder because she was denying the reality in front of her. "How did you know about all this Zayna?" This time his voice was dark, with an emotion she couldn't point out.

"Someone calle-" A loud gunshot was heard which made Zayna scream.

***

Flashback,

After receiving the call from the stranger, Zayna was confused. She didn't know what to do or not. The man threatened her family, she can't risk their lives. She picked her bag, and search for the adresse the unknown number sent her.

"If you dare to tell anyone, I will only take a bullet to finish your brother, Abbas." She read the second message. Shiver run down her spine just the thought of her 'brother' getting hurt because of her.

There was a problem; Azhar.

He wouldn't let her leave the house alone, hell he wouldn't let her go without telling him where she is going. She passed around the room thinking of what she should do. She can't tell anyone. She took her personal gun in case she needed it and hid it in her waist.