𝟏𝟎 | 𝐭𝐞𝐧

"We are all broken,
that's how the light gets in..."

A Z H A R -

Ami jaan had been buried, Faraz didn't even bother to see his dead mother, he was too busy in his own life that he forgot one day, he will also be in her position. A week had passed, and Azhar was becoming distant with Zayna. After that night, at the hospital he wanted to burn the small spark that sparkled in his heart after seeing her care for him. That spark was blown, or buried, he didn't know.

He didn't want to drown in this feeling called love and not even go near. He wanted to be alone in his shīt, alone in his misery.

"Last time I checked, I was the owner of the hospital where you fired the staff. I don't remember giving you any right." Faraz barged in his office and almost yelled.

"I don't have time for your bullshīt. Leave." Taking puff of his cigarette, Azhar replied not for once looking at his father. He was in deep thoughts looking outside.

"Just wait and watch, Affan's life is in my hands." Faraz threatened with the same old line.

Azhar turned in a swift movement with red eyes that internally scared Faraz. It was rare for him to see Azhar like this, he kept himself gathered nonetheless. This look of Azhar was the most scary and dreadful that his enemies knew better than to play with him.

"I am tired of your same old lines, Faraz Sultan. I have multiple hospitals as well, and I will transfer him there. Your empty threat don't scare me anymore." He got closer to him and throw the cigarette in the astray. "You touch a hair of my son and I will burn you down in ashes. Try me." He swore he saw fear flash in his father's eyes before it disappeared in a nanosecond.

"You are going to regret this, Azhar Sultan." Faraz left, banging the door in the process.

"I don't regret, father, I make others regret." Azhar smirked to himself when Hassan came in his office. His tone mocked his father.

"What was that?" He eyed the door where Faraz had left, furious at his son's comeback. "Whatever I am not interested, I have some things you might want to know." Hassan held a file in his hand and sat on the chair of his desk.

"You didn't come yesterday ?" Azhar sat on the couch and Hassan turned on his chair to face him.

"I was busy." He mumbled not making eye contact with Azhar.

"You know you can't lie to me, so why do you still try ?" Azhar's cold grey eyes met his much calmer brown orbs. He was desperately trying to know what was making him so distant all of sudden.

"Because you won't understand." Hassan's answer broke his heart a little, but it was small fracture on his already wounded heart so he didn't feel it. Not anymore. "I found something about Abrar.." Abrar is how they referred Feroze, and Azhar hated even hearing his name.

"He is going to sell some girls, for human trafficking soon. We have the location, the names of the girls, they are all between fourteen and nineteen years old. The thing is, he has a lot of men, corrupted police and guards at the airport who'll help him." Azhar leaned in the couch.

"The problem is, we don't know when. We just know it he will do it this week." Handing him the files with all the names of the victims, Hassan concluded.

"Husseyin Khalid ?" Azhar read the name out loud.

"The man to whom Abrar is selling those girls. He is paying a huge amount for the seventy girls he has." Hassan took out the electronic cigarette from his pocket and smoked to ease his nerves.