𝟏𝟔 | 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"Black is not a colour,
It's an emotion..."

Z A Y N A -

Putting the last dish on the table, Zayna asked the maids to serve everyone their food. It was late in the evening, Amaira, Affan, Hassan, Nilab and Azhar were sitting around the lavash glass table. Nilab and Amaira insisted on helping Zayna preparing the dinner which relieved the boys.

They were searching Husseyin's and Faraz's location because apparently Faraz wasn't at home from days. Azhar felt bad for his mother, he asked her many times to come at his place so that she doesn't feel lonely but she refused.
He didn't insist more, because he knew how stubborn his mother can be.

They started to eat in silence, Amaira fed Affan and spoke first. "Nilab, if you need any kind of help or advice come to me anytime. Don't feel shy to ask anything, consider me your sister." Nilab flashed her a grateful smile, she did have a few questions about fears and pregnancy.

"From now on, no one will step out of this house without informing me or Hassan. We have doubled the security, and you can only go out when strictly necessary." Azhar watched Zayna pull her brows together and frown. She didn't agree with him, but did he care? Not a bit.

Everyone nodded silently and resumed to eat their food in silence. There was a grim atmosphere, everyone lost in their thoughts. Zayna grabbed a glass of water, and gulped it in three times. She put back the glass, there was a small mark of her nude lipstick where she had put her lips previously.

Azhar didn't hesitate a second and stole the opportunity. He took the same glass which still had water left in it and placed his lips right where she had put hers. Zayna's eyes met his grey ones, as he drank. Her eyes widened a little and a blush crept her cheeks. Azhar found her cute, he smirked behind the glass at her astonished expression and put it back.

She wanted this, did she not?

"Azhar bhai," Azhar gave him the side eye, "The indicident that happened a week back shouldn't happen again. Ahad bhai wants to change location. He doesn't think it's safe for Shahnoor's safety neither. He said she had seen enough, more than she should." Zayna was all ears, hearing her sister's name.

"What happened to Shahnoor? I talked to her she didn't mention anything." Azhar sighed as if he knew his wife would ask something like this.

"If she didn't tell, it means she didn't want you to know. It's nothing serious." Azhar shrugged and cleaned his mouth with a napkin.

"It's about my sister, Mir." Zayna argued in a no-none sense tone.
Azhar looked around the table, everyone was looking at him for an answer except Hassan who already knew.

"You, women should stop interfering in our business. It's better off if you don't know anything." Zayna closed her eyes, she was calm but Azhar had this power to touch her nerves like she did with his. They continued to eat silently while Azhar left from there.

Nilab ran to throw up, she couldn't eat much these days. Her cravings are getting weird, and because of her young age the pregnancy is difficult for her. But she has Hassan, and everyone else by her side. They try to make her happy, and keep her thoughts positive.
Hassan followed her behind and held her hair up.

As she finished throwing up, he brushed her teeth by himself, and cleaned her face. "I can't do it anymore, Hassan." Nilab almost cried with red eyes. Hassan cupped her face.

"You've come this far, meri jaan. I know you can do it. You are the strongest woman I have seen. Don't give up, for me, for us." He caressed her belly with his hand and Nilab rested her hand on his.