𝟎𝟑 | 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"Sometimes, it's better to leave
things the way they are ..."

A Z H A R -

Taking of his shirt, and changing into his swim shorts, Azhar dipped in the warm water of the pool. His muscles relaxed as he lost himself in deep thoughts. He started to swim to let his anger and frustration down. He came back to the surface and brushed his hair back. The light blue water reminded him of himself. How it would become agitate when someone will swim in and how calm it was alone.

Loneliness was his companion, he always found solace in his own company. Every time someone tried to enter in his self built walls, he would push them away. He was informed that Hassan had left to north for the work he assigned him.

Taking the towel from the chair, he dried the water droplets from his body. His muscles flexing with his every movement. "What ?" He said as soon as he replied to the phone call. He didn't bother to greet, it wasn't his style.

"Are you coming home today ?" His father asked from the other side. For Azhar, that place was anything but a home.

Putting his shirt on, Azhar replied coldly. "No."

"Ok, but you must be at home tomorrow by one."

"Why is that so ?" He questioned him.

"We will go at Zahid's place tomorrow, to ask his eldest daughter's hand for you." If he didn't have enough shock today, another added to the list.

"You mean Zahid uncle's daughter, Zayna Malik ?" Azhar knew that woman very well. Zahid Malik was one of his father's close friend who had an upper hand in power and business compared to Faraz Sultan. His daughter, Zayna Malik was of one kind, a mystery. Where he had seen most of the women around him uncovered, she was always hidden behind a thick veil that covered her head but also her entire body. Leaving only space to imagination.

That was another shock, he was going to marry someone he had no idea of, who was a mystery to him. Yes, she always intrigued him because of her calm posture and soothing aura but he doubted she has a tongue. He had hardly heard her talk.

"You better be here at time. Don't be late." Faraz reminded him and cut the call.

"Dāmn it !" He kicked the table in front of him and loudly groaned.

To hell with everyone for all he care.

***

The next day, Azhar woke up at eight and went to the gym for an hour. He then did his breakfast and worked till twelve. "You didn't tell me you are going to marry, Azhar bhai !" Hassan said following Azhar in the room.

"Didhora piton kiya ?" He rolled his eyes and opened his huge closet.

"Whatever, I will take out clothes for you. Ache lage ge to larki walon ko impress kare ge." He winked playfully and in response, Azhar smacked his head.

"I don't need to impress anyone."

"What about this ?" Ignoring his statement, Hassan showed him a dark royal green two piece suit.

"No. I wore it three days ago." He denied taking out his collection of watch.

"Then this one !" This time, he showed him a navy blue suit.