𝟏𝟑 | 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"The course of true love,
Never did run smooth..."

H A S S A N -

Hanging up the phone call, Hassan went back to where he left Nilab. He was near the men trying cabinet. To his worry, she wasn't there. He immediately started to panic, she didn't know a single place here and she was also a scared kitten. Where could she possibly go? He did searched for her in every corner of the shop but to his dismay, she was nowhere.

Then he left the shop not after yelling at the staff for not being careful enough. "Where is Nilab ?" The bodyguards - who were busy talking - turned to their boss in horror. They bowed their heads. "We don't know Sir." Hassan lost it and punched him them until their bleed from their noses.

"Get lost and don't ever come back to work. I will protect my woman myself. I don't need useless
b-stards." They ran and disappeared from his sight not wanting to become the victim of his anger.

"Hello?" He picked his phone call, he would've ignored it but it was Azhar.

Azhar noticed his shaky voice. "Hey kiddo, are you fine?" Azhar slowly asked.

"Yes, you called ?" His voice wavered.

"Come at my place. Right now." Hassan wanted to debate, but the seriousness of Azhar's voice told him otherwise. He muttered a small ok and then rushed to the car. Leaving his heart and mind behind in the mall.

He couldn't think straight he just wanted her in front of his eyes. He drove fast, not caring about the speed limit or even the red lights he had crossed. He didn't bother to park the car properly and rushed inside the house. He was going to blindly run in Azhar's study when his eyes fell on her.

It was her. She was laying on the couch in the living room, she was wearing the same abaya and niqab. It was Nilab. He knew it, even in a crowd he could find her in a blink of an eye.

How did she end up here? Sh-t what will he tell Azhar?

He was relieved in one side because she ended up in safe hands but on the other he was panicking. This was not supposed to come out like this. Azhar could cut him into pieces for all he knew. He pushed the thoughts aside and rushed to Nilab.

He patted her cheeks, seeing her laying lifeless there made his heartbeat skip. What happened to her?

"Hassan? What are you doing here? And stay away from the poor girl !" Zayna scolded him with a frown as soon as she stepped in the living room with a glass of water in her hands. "Can't you see she is a pious and modest woman? Don't touch her." Zayna was feeling overprotective of the little girl who stole her heart for no reasons.

Zayna had this really bad thing, call it a flaw or a quality but she gets attached to people too easily. "Bhabi, how did she come here?" If it was anyone else who scolded him, he would've blown their heads. The only people who were allowed to do so were Azhar, Ahad and their family which he considered as his.

He didn't say anything to Zayna not because she was Azhar's wife but for some other reason. She had this aura, and this familiar scent he thought he had forgotten over the years of his life. Something in her made him protective of her in a brotherly way, or maybe he was just being panaroic.

"Do you know her?" Zayna wasn't judging as he thought she would. Her eyes were empty of any judgement but only worry. He averted his gaze back to Nilab. He had unconsciously stepped back from her as per Zayna's order.

"Yes. Can you answer my question now?" He was silently observing Nilab, her niqab was still on so he removed it carefully.

"What are you doing! Batameez insaan! [Shameless human!]" If Zayna was in a cartoon, they would've been smoke coming out of her ears and nose.