Vaccines Are No Fun 2.0 (Namjin Oneshot)

I. Am. Back.
😌💪🔥

I missed y'all so much!! 🥺💜
Did you miss me too!? 🥺👉👈
Wanna read all your comments today so be generous in the comment section!! 😭💪

Now let's begin!😌

Requested by Kook_tae098

Namjoon: 18
Jin: 22

Home
7:30 am

"Joon, I'm leaving for the college... We have an important meeting for the next college council so I might get late" I said in one breath, tying the shoelaces rather clumsily.

"O-oh... Okay hyung..." his feeble voice reached my ears when I looked at the timid figure sitting on the bed, playing with his fingers mindlessly.

He didn't look fine at all. Joon, being a highly disciplined teenager, used to study for an hour before going to school. It was his morning routine for 6 days a week.

But that morning was different. His books were stacked neatly on the study table while he hadn't even freshen up yet. It was quite an unusual scene to encounter.

Frowning at the weirdness, I turned towards Joon and asked in a confused tone, "Something's up?"

My eyes switched from the tight cuff button which wasn't cooperating with the last minute stress and the younger's worried expressions, who seemed to be begging for help through his anxious body movements.

Being the president of the college council, it would have been a shame to not be able to reach there before everyone. Due to lack of time, my mind couldn't register his worry too well as I asked again with slight frustration, "Are you gonna say anything or not?"

Joon and I were just like typical siblings, always arguing over petty issues. He was too mature for his age since childhood while I was a goofy one. There was nothing that could change the teenager's poker face, as if it was permanently tattooed over there.

But that morning was different, as there was a weirdly scared expression covering his face. I had no time to get into the depth, plus his silence was getting on my nerves.

"Joon, if you want to go to the school, I should see you in your uniform in the next five minutes, or I'm leaving without you" I said in a stern voice before going to the kitchen to prepare cereal for us.

It was our parent's 25th anniversary last week. They wanted to make it a memorable one, so they had gone to tour America for a month. Though we were already missing eomma's food, but our grandad would send some of his greatest dishes every other day which we cherished a lot.

"Joon! Come to the dining table fast!" I called his name while settling the warm milk jar and fruity cereal on the table. Munching on a couple of honey almonds, I looked towards the bedroom door with a scowl as there wasn't any sign of the younger coming out anytime soon.

" Joon! Stop gett-" I stopped yelling when I saw his fear laden eyes peeking from the door.

"What's wrong with you? If you don't want to go to the school, you can directly say it without making such grumpy faces! Huh, come on! I'm not here to cope up with this bratty behaviour of yours early in the morning!" I scoffed at his scared pup like face, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

I was expecting him to talk back with the same nonchalant tone, but to my surprise, he flinched at my voice, running back to the bedroom without closing the door.