HPV Vaccine

I have an exam on the day after tomorrow but guess who got a sudden urge to write!?
Ps: this is some random shit that you gunna read below.

Jungkook: 28
Taehyung: 29
Jimin: 29

Jungkook and Taehyung are married.

Jungkook pov

"Well, all the reports are fine and both of you are healthy" the middle aged doctor looked at us with a smile, then checking up one last file before wrapping up our checkup.

Taehyung looked at me with nervous eyes oscillating from the doctor to my face, while I nodded at him with a reassuring smile.

We were at the hospital for our annual health checkup. A whole hour of getting our bodies examined along with a blood test was a bit too overwhelming for people who hate the name of the place itself, just like Taehyung. Although I was with him all the time, he just wanted to run away and snuggle up to me in the bed. Checkups always make him clingier.

The clingier, the cuter.

For now, he was scared that the doctor might announce another needle works for us, which was kinda unlikely to happen. Our reports were fine and we had had all our vaccines on time. There was pretty much nothing to worry about, although Taehyung's anxiety was going over the roof.

When I looked at Taehyung again, I could see him staring at nothing while holding his breath.

I held his hand in mine and gave it a comforting squeeze to get him out of the trance whispering, "It's gonna be alright, Tae. Relax and breathe. C'mon, take a deep breath with me."

With that, he looked at me and nodded hastily, taking a deep breath along with me thereafter.

"Both of you haven't taken your HPV vaccines, right?" the doctor said, writing something in the same file.

Taehyung's gut feeling was never wrong.

"Umm... I guess, no?" I had a questioning look on my face as I looked at Taehyung, who shook his head as an answer.

"What is that for, doctor?" I asked as I had never heard the name of the aforementioned vaccine before.

"It's a vaccine against cervical and oropharyngeal cancers caused by HPV virus. A lot of people think it's for only females but HPV is known to cause various infections and cancers in males too. And hence, it is being promoted these days especially for young teenagers" he explained.

"I get it doc. But we are in our late 20's. How does that work?"

"Anyone between the age of 9 to 45 years can take vaccine with the same benefits. Only the regime changes for those above 26" he told us as we listened to him carefully.

"So, you are saying that we are going to have to follow a different regime?"

"Exactly. You'll have to get a 3 dose regime to be completely vaccinated against the virus. If you decide on getting your first one today, the other two will be given 2 and 6 months after."

Taehyung's breath noticeably hitched at the mention of vaccines. With my one hand tapping on his thighs for comfort, I said to the doctor with a smile, "Well, in that case, we will get our first dose today itself."

"Okay then, you can pay for the vaccine at the reception area and they'll guide you further."

"Okay doctor, thankyou" I greeted the doctor and walked out of the cabin with Taehyung.

With Taehyung's hand in mine, I got the details from receptionist and we were guided to the vaccination room. After getting our names registered, we were told to wait outside.