9

Luckily for me, my search for Gus came to a quick end. Apparently, Natasha figured out that Loki was planning on bringing out the Hulk, so now everyone was meeting up in the lab. Upon entering the lab, I saw the two geniuses and Fury in a somewhat heated discussion.

"What is Phase 2?" Tony asked Fury.

Steve walked into the lab and made his appearance known by dropping some sort of weapon on the table.

"Phase 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons." Steve declared. "Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow."

I knew Tony was hacking SHIELD! I am smart. S-M-R-T.

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're..." Fury tried to explain but Tony cut him off.

"I'm sorry, Nick," Tony said before shifting the computer screen for everyone to see. "What were you lying?"

On the screen, there were indeed plans on how to make a weapon with the Tesseract. Talk about perfect timing.

"I was wrong, Director, the world hasn't changed a bit," Steve spoke up.

The door to the lab opened and revealed Natasha, Thor, and Gus.

"Did you know about this?" Bruce angrily asked Natasha.

"What's going on?" Gus whispered.

"SHIELD is planning on using the Tesseract to make weapons. They are not happy." I said, gesturing to the others.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" Natasha suggested, obliviously thinking about the Hulk.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed." Bruce countered.

"Loki's manipulating you," Natasha said.

"And you've been doing what exactly."

Dang, Banner with the counterarguments!

"You didn't come here because I batted my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy."

Bruce seemed to have good control over the Hulk. Everyone would benefit if they didn't treat him like a bomb.

"I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction," Bruce said what was on everyone else's mind.

"Because of him." Fury said while pointing to Thor.

"Me?" Thor asked, completely shocked at this revelation.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town." Fury explained. "We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

"My people want nothing but peace with you Midgardians," Thor argued.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you?" Fury countered. "And you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched; they can't be controlled."

"Like you controlled the cube?" Steve butted in.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and hid allies," Thor told Fury. "It is the signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war."

"A higher form?" Steve questioned.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something." Fury insisted.

"Nuclear deterrent. 'Cause that always calms everything right down." Tony decided to join in.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?"