Before We Begin

This chapter is to serve as background information and future references. Buckle up and get ready for the craziness that is Shawn Spencer.

(Y/n) Spencer grew up in Santa Barbara, California with her father. When she was a teen, her father divorced her mother. The divorce led her to rebel against her father, straining their relationship. While in Santa Barbara, she met her best friend, Burton Guster.

(Y/n) has never been able to stay with anyone or anything for too long. She's never had a serious relationship with any of her ex's. She's had more jobs than she can count. She used her eidetic memory and hyper-observantness to anonymously call in tips to the police. The police, in return, became skeptical about her. She used her skills to convince the police that she was a psychic. Impressing Karen Vick, the Chief of Police, got her the job of 'psychic consultant' for the SBPD. (Y/n) then decided to open her very own psychic detective agency called 'Psych' with the help of Gus.

When Harris Trout was brought in to the SBPD, he cut ties with (Y/n) and her business. Because of that, she headed to New York for a new adventure. She gathered her things, including Gus, and left 'Psych' behind. 

Edit:
There is going to be so many references in this story. Most are going to be from TV shows, movies, or YouTube videos that I like. Find a reference, point it out, and maybe find a new friend that shares your interest!