10

Gus and I made our way to Stark Tower for the second time. This time, we were equipped with SHIELD uniforms and SHIELD IDs. Upon entering the tower, we were once again stopped by security.

"IDs please." The guy said.

At least Tony has some competent security around here. The other two didn't bother asking for anything.

Flashing the man my SHIELD ID, I introduced Gus and me.

"I'm Agent Scully and this is my partner Agent Mulder."

I saw Gus cut a look at me in my peripheral vision.

"We're here on behalf of SHIELD to watch over the tower."

The guy didn't look completely convinced.

"I'm sure you've seen the news about this Loki character. We were informed that his plan involves Stark Tower, so we were sent here to see if we can apprehend Loki before he can enact his plans." I explained.

"Alright." The guy finally agreed. "But if I find out that you two are lying or if you damage anything, you'll be answering to Pepper and her lawyers."

"Fair enough."

The guard let us through to the elevator. Once the doors closed, I let out a sigh.

"This is so much easier when you have the right credentials," I said with a smile.

If the look on Gus' face was anything to go by, he did not share my sentiment. The elevator ride was quiet for the most part. That was until I asked Gus a question that I desperately needed the answer to.

"I need your help with something," I spoke.

Gus looked over at me, curious as to what I was going to ask him.

"You've seen Loki's helmet right? The one with the horns?" I asked while miming horns coming out of my head.

"Yeah. I saw it when he was on the news." Gus answered.

"Good. So basically his helmet reminds me of a bug but I can't come up with the name of it for the life of me." I said.

"What?" Gus asked incredulously.

"There's a bug out there in the world that reminds me of Loki's helmet and I need you to help me figure out which one it is so I'll have a nickname for him."

Unbeknownst to Gus and me, the elevator had opened and revealed us to Loki.

"I'm not helping you make fun of the guy that's planning to attack the world." Gus snapped.

"Gus, don't be a crazy hooligan. It isn't nearly the whole world. As of now, it's only New York." I argued.

A blue flash of light hitting the wall beside us, made Gus and I aware of the fact that we were in Loki's presence, arguing about him. I stepped out of the elevator with my hands up in surrender.

"Woah! We're not here to fight; we're just here to talk." I told the god. "Isn't that right, Gus?"

Instead of receiving an answer, I received silence. I looked back toward the elevator and saw Gus frantically pressing what I could only assume was the close elevator button.

"C'mon son! You always do this!" I shouted at the man attempting to flee.

Gus said nothing and continued to press the button. The elevator doors finally closed and took Gus away, leaving only me and the God of Mischief. I lip smacked before turning back towards Loki.

"He does this every time. We hear gunshots, he runs away screaming. We're around a bomb that no one knows how to defuse, he runs away. We spend the night in a museum, the motor on an old fridge turns on, he runs away. We find a dead guy locked in said fridge, the next morning when the doors were unlocked, he runs away. We enter a house that has two dead bodies in it, he runs away screaming. We think we found buried treasure; it turns out to be a skeleton, he runs away screaming. Didn't even entertain the thought that it could've been a mermaid." I sighed. "So anyway, how's your plan going?"