One

Sat in the back of the car Savannah twisted the switch on the top of one of the music boxes while Seth and Josh drove them to meet their friends who made the decision to visit the Shanley Hotel. A place that had scarred the woman ever since she had visited, her abilities to contact the dead never being more drained then since that night.

Her head spun to the front of the car as the phone connected to the vehicle began to ring loudly, intensifying the headache that she already had. She watched her brother reach down and press the green button on his phone before a mans voice blasted through the speakers.

"Hey dude, we're here where yous at?" He asked, the wind picking up in the background.

"Not even 2 blocks away. Hope it's cool I brought my sister, she's a medium can do all that shit" Seth answered, turning back to the woman in the back of the car.

"His sister is a medium, he brought her with him" The guy explained to someone else, the voice faint as if the phone was held a good distance away from their mouth. "Yeah thats cool, see you in 5."

With that the call ended, Savannah pulling her hair into a messy ponytail as they came to the restaurant, Josh pulling into a parking spot.

The dark headed woman let out a breath as she got out of the car, the cold breeze attacking her exposed skin as she gently shut the door behind her. She followed the two people she loved as they headed towards a pair of darkly dressed guys standing by the door.

They all greeted each other with firm handshakes and smiles, Hazel meeting Sapphire as Savannah made eye contact with the brunette one. Noticing his eyes travel up and down her body slowly before he swallowed harshly.

Even though the bodies of Josh and the other guy blocked their view for a moment as they greeted each other, their eyes didn't once look away. Both of hers fixed onto the beauty of his, watching his body slump against the wall behind him.

"You must be the medium" The blonde one spoke up, breaking her from her trance.

"Savannah" She smiled, taking his already outstretched hand and shaking it softly. He returned the smile, her eyes glancing to the side at the other male blowing smoke out of his mouth.

"Sam. That's Colby" He explained, gesturing to the vaping guy that kept catching her eye.

They then decided that it would be a good idea to grab a table inside considering the time and they still have a good half hour drive till they got there. The lovely waiter got them a rather comfy table in the corner, Savannah taking a seat beside Seth while they decided what they wanted to eat.

The men were discussing the Shanley Hotel and their experience there when Savannah scanned the restaurants interior. Suddenly spotting a woman's figure quickly ducking behind the side of the wall, her body jumping slightly as she got very cold.

"Stupid." The word randomly popped into her mind, the inside voice different to her own.

The chair under her shifted, catching the attention of her brother. She saw him look at her from the corner of her eye as she continued to stare in that direction.

They were no strangers to this happening, she saw glimpses and even heard things often. She was cursed in her mind but Seth told her she was special, she had a gift, though she wasn't sure who would want a such a gift.

She heard them tap on the wall, a chill running down her spine which told her that it was an energy 2. One of the more physical and interactive spirits, she tended to have contact with them a lot.

"Vannah had it the worst in that house for sure, right babe?" Came Josh's voice from beside her, a cold skinny hand coming up to cover her own.

She came back to reality to find that everyone was now looking at her, waiting for her to answer. Once again she made contact with the same bright eyes from earlier, his head resting on his hand while he looked at her.