Nine

Colby lasted approximately 6-8 minutes in the box before he crawled out, smiling more than someone should that had been lying in a casket.

Entering the next room it was clear that there was a woman's presence here with them. The same woman who had been following them for most of the night. Perhaps Seth felt it too due to him stopping in the doorway with her.

The haunted nights investigators informed the group of their experience involving this room, a clear shadow figure wondering around at night. Savannah's gut feeling told her the spirits in the castle were very active, especially the man and woman she had been interacting with.

The group was then led over towards another set of stairs that led up into a pitch black room. All eyes turned to Colby holding the flashlight on the camera.

"Fuck. Do really have to be the one to go up" He groaned with an eye roll.

"Your the one with the flashlight dumbass" Savannah pointed out, earning a glare from the brunette as he slowly walked up the wooden stairs. Sam following behind him.

Josh thinking it would be funny closed the door behind them, their muffled shouts could be heard coming from the other side of the wood. Josh's body then coming to stand next to hers, and for the first time today he gave her a small peck.

She was thankful he was out of his strop, this one lasting much shorter than usual. She leaned into his body awaiting on the males to return, Seth and the haunted nights investigators speaking amongst themselves.

Seth telling them their family history and how they are related to Lizzy Borden. To this day Savannah still believed she received her talent from her.

Sam and Colby hadn't even been in there for long before they were screaming, calling for the others to join them. Josh reluctantly opening the door and climbing the stairs, the siblings hot on his trail.

"Get down!" Sam whisper-shouted, Seth pulling her backwards as Josh crouched besides them.

It was difficult to see up here and it was incredibly cold. Their squealing making it even harder for her to concentrate as she crept up the last remaining stairs.

"Holy shit" She breathed, ducking down as a bat flew above her, hitting itself on the wooden panels.

"Josh you are the strongest person here, go open it" Colby put a hand on his back in encouragement, gesturing to the exit in the ceiling.

"I mean i'm the fattest but let's give it a go."

In fairness he wasn't exactly fat but he didn't have a six pack either. More of a dad-bod and Savannah was completely okay with that, she was particularly interested in looks. As long as they loved her as equally as she loved them she didn't mind.

He was like a big bear. He kept her warm when cuddling and it was a plus that all his shirts were oversized on her.

"If a bat rips his throat out, you'll be next" She threatened the brunette, watching as Josh made his ascent up the ladder.

"What do you think this is Transylvania? It's not a fucking vampire he'll be fine" Colby replied, his eyes glancing down her body in the dimmed flashlight.

Suddenly as Josh opened the hatch, Andy entered the room and informed them that the roof was off limits. The rest instantly blaming the idea all on the man on the ladder.

Josh came back down and the caretaker took his place, allowing them to come up; his problem at first was how the hatch doesn't shut properly. The exploring duo being the first to climb up, followed by the siblings.