Waiting

When Leo and I woke up the clock said it was already half past three in the afternoon. The sun was nearly blinding as I opened the curtains. The way the light reflected off of the snow was painful.

Leo ordered us room service and we had fish for lunch. The concert was only three hours away. I didn't show it on the outside, but on the inside I was afraid that I was going to burst from all of the excitement.

I showered quickly, put on all the band's merchandise that I owned, and almost left without Leo. He laughed it off as we jumped into the cab.

We got to the stadium an hour early, but there were already crowds of people that were just like me, only wanting the hour to be over so their dreams could come true and then wishing once it started that the concert would never stop. Leo and I bought some more food to eat while we waited. After a while I remembered that my passes gave us the right to skip ahead all of the other people. Of course, the fans weren't too happy about that, but what did I care? I was going to be ten feet away from Ville at the most. 

Leo and I made out way to our front row seats. We sat and waited.

After about half an hour we heard music begin to play. Fog filled the stage Once it was cleared the band was out there. Linde was busy strumming the into chords to I Love You (Prelude to Tragety).  I watched eagerly. I scanned the stage. I couldn't find Ville. Where was he? The show had begun and the lead man wasn't even there.