𝐈

Houston, Texas

Sunday, April 18th.

Omniscient

"Let the church say Amen, Amen, Amen."  Malcom bellows out, a echo of the same phrase coming from the crowd seated within the church.

"Goodmorning church, I hope you all are ready for todays sermon. Glad that God has bought us all together on this beautiful morning." A huge smile tugs at the corner of his lips as he nods beginning to grab his bible and notes from the previous night. Some things he had gathered as he sat next to his sleeping wife in bed for a few hours before dawn.

There she sat, in the crowd of people below her husband in which confused many. The First Lady of the church usually being seated in the pew behind the Pastor as she offered water to those around her, whilst listening to her husbands word. Although Mrs.Carter was no snobby church go-er, pleased to be in the house of the lord and learn the word from wherever in it. It also gave her the room to enlighten in conversation with new comers and welcome those who had just joined the church in hopes to find faith and new beginnings.

As the service went on, minutes later the Whites youngest had come creeping in the doors. Careful to not disrupt her fathers speech she tiptoed behind the benches and up towards the front to seat herself beside her mother.

Finally noticing her presence, Regina's eyes form to slits as she pinched her thigh.

"Late again I see, it's church baby not a fashion show." She teased her tardy daughter as the curly headed girl only playfully rolled her eyes.

"I knowww mama, still have to look my best." She whispers kissing her cheek. Turning her attention to the man she loved most, a smile forms on her light face.

No secret that Jazae was indeed a daddy's girl, and had been since diapers. Stuck to her fathers hip which of course only led the strong possibility of her being born into the church.

Although her father wasn't all that strict when it came to her and her life choice's. All he asked is that she attend church every Sunday if she wasn't caught up with school or work, which Jazae made sure she did just that.

she loved to watch the glow her father held as he spoke to the many people that filled the bench's, the undeniable joy and excitement he had for what he did always put the biggest reflected smile on Jazae's face. Remembering her fathers love for the church grow throughout the years starting with just simply gathering folks into their home to have a bible session. To now having his own church.

Malcom was there for her first everything, no discredit to her mother who loved and cared for her more than anything. From her first boyfriend to her first break up, not a moment was missed. Remembering just a year ago when he cried for a whole hour in her dorm after having to send her off to college.

A few moments pass and the doors open yet again, heads turning as women begin to giggle and gawk with one another.
The arrival that had caused this commotion being nothing new to the Carter's as it happened every-time their son attended church.

Eyes following him as he walked over to the aisle that seated his mother and sister, glancing and waving at a few ladies who giggled and fanned their faces. 
He adjusted the sleeves of the black blazer he wore, clearing his throat.