𝐈𝐕

Houston, Texas

Next morning..

The tension in the house stood thick between the two siblings. Not a chuckle or smile, more cold shoulders than side hugs before they parted ways.

Maelia only making the slightest contact with him if it had something to do with rent or their father.

Ashton on the other hand was beyond tired of the silent treatment his sister gave him, being just as stubborn as her-at first he decided he didn't care to apologize and ignored her attitude. Not being able to hear her voice and ask her how work went began to mess with his head.

He was so used to speaking to her, one of the only people he associated with besides Jamal and Tory.
It baffled him that someone who lived under the same roof as he could go so long without ever sparing a glance.

Then again, it had only been 32 hours since their argument. Morning after to be exact, so in this case Ashton would seem quite dramatic.

Sighing he lifts up from the couch to reach for the bottle of water that sat before him. His eyes glued to the tv screen as he listened to the shuffling sound from upstairs.

Scrunching his face in confusion, he wondered what the girl could be doing considering she was off of work today. Hence the fact that she didn't have many friends outside of Erica. Nonetheless he shrugs, pulling his phone out his back pocket.

Shorty after, Maelia makes her way downstairs and over to the coat rack to retrieve her hoodie.
Quickly flipping it over her shoulders and pushing her arms through the sleeves as she zips it up.

Ashton sits up keeping his eyes on her the entire time, becoming slightly irritated with the fact that she had not even acknowledged his presence. Finding it pretty silly for his sibling to be mad at him over some guy in which she hadn't know for more than a day, if that.

Deciding he had enough, he clears his throat. Maelia glancing in his direction with a roll of her eyes before she grabs her keys off the rack.

"Maelia..." Ashton speaks firmly, waiting for a response from the younger girl.

"Maelia c'mon bruh." He huffs out running a hand over his face, but to no avail as she begins to open the door to walk out of the apartment. Ashton shooting up from his spot of the couch as he quickly makes his way over to her, gripping her arm to pull her back inside the house before slamming the door closed.

"Ashton move man!" She yells snatching her arm from his grip. Ashton's nose flared as a mug sat along his face. The anger radiating between the two equally as they send one another a deadly glare.